Sign in to follow this  
cbesett

Two loops on homepage of links to posts

cbesett

I've seen a few similar questions but i'm not sure that they are the same question. I want to have a list to posts in different categories much like they do on this site from the showcase: http://www.wherestheline.ca/ How do i get the What's New and Upcoming Events type of display like they have?

kastelic
You could do this with the Morefoot section, which has 3 columns of widgets. Find a plugin for Category Recent Posts or something similar that will give you widgets like these and select the category.

cbesett
i need four columns -- which i could alter the number on that one. But i guess i could just use the standard footer columns... thanks!

Rob
Okay. You can do several things. First, apply boxes, four wide or two over two and include the shortcode from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tpg-get-posts/ a great plugin that will let you create the links from posts per category in each box.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cbesett
Hmm, when you say 'apply boxes' do you mean a shortcode? Does Pagelines come with short codes for columns that i don't know about yet?

Rob
Presuming you have PageLines Framework 2.0x installed and activated, look in Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections under Core and see if you have Boxes installed and activated. If not activated, please activate it. If it is, please go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and click Page Templates to see if any of your templates have Boxes included under "Active Sections". If so, note which template it is. Go to Dashboard > Pages > Add New and make sure on the right side, you select that page template that includes boxes. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see Boxes as a tab under PageLines Meta Settings. (Note: If you don't see PageLines Meta Settings, go to the top right side and click "Screen Options" and check the little box for that.) On the settings for Boxes, select the number of boxes in the row and total number of boxes that will appear. Now, go to Dashboard > Boxes > Boxes and edit the boxes to include the shortcode from that plugin, customized as you wish it to appear. Add a title as well.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cbesett
I wish there was a way not to have the title on each box. Gonna have to find a different way.