Sign in to follow this  
digang

Centering Logo and Creating Extra Space in Header For Live Chat Code

digang
http://internetmarketingpowerteam.com/ White House Pro I'm learning how to manipulate a site as I go along - I kind of need Kindergarten directions :-) I'd like to: 1) center my (ugly) logo 2) create some space between the logo and SM icons 3) create even more space in the header and add some code for a "Live Chat" feature If someone can just tell me the code to look for and some spacing commands, I should be able to figure out the rest. I did put an html line break () above the SM icons and it did push them down a titch. But my concern is that when I put additional line breaks in, the icons disappeared behind the feature. Thanks in advance. Angela

digang

I figured out how to create the space I want below my logo. Now how do I get my logo to be flush to the top of the page? I didn't even try for a gap between the top of the page and my logo, it just happened as a result of putting a break below the logo...

bryan-hadaway

Try adding this to: Appearance > WhiteHousePro Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS

body, .home, #header{margin-top:0px; padding-top:0px; border-top:0px}

and see if that does the trick. Thanks, Bryan

digang

Thanks for the tip, Bryan - I tried but it didn't work. Or, more likely, I didn't work! Perhaps I didn't put it in the right place or the right way...

bryan-hadaway

Well, it was just an experiment, I'll revisit this in a little bit. Thanks, Bryan