Sign in to follow this  
xtrme

Feature link text is showing up white on white

xtrme

On features with a Feature Design Style of "Black Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay" the link text is white on white with a faint drop shadow. How can I change this? My site: http://www.xtrme.com/

Rob
As I'm looking at your site, I see the only item in the slider that is white with a shadow is the link. You'll also note that it's the same color as the text in your footer. If you play with the colors of text for the footer, to perhaps a blue, and perhaps change the color of the site background to show the blue more readily, you'll find the feature slider links will change too. This isn't tricky, but the color scheme of your site is something you need to select and adjust according to your wishes. In Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Color Control you will find Body Background (which I believe sets the footer color) and Primary Links, which controls the color of links throughout the site, including the feature slider. Adjust to your wishes with these principal elements.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

xtrme
The problem didn't exist in Platform Pro 1 Only happened when I upgraded to Framework 2 Seems like a strange workaround to me. Let me know if you come up with something better

Rob
Actually, that's not a workaround. It's the way it works, basically. Unfortunately, sometimes when switching, the default colors change due to other settings affecting them, such as Custom Code or plugins. The way to change them to visible is the suggestion I made. I use that same process on my site to enable my visitors to see which things are links. When I tried it in PlatformPro, I had white links on a white background as you're experiencing, and had to adjust. My site looked best with a grey background, black text and blue links in the footer. I was actually trying to provide default settings rather than custom code to ensure that you won't have white, shadowed links in articles or sidebars.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

MrFent
Try adding the following CSS: #feature_354 .fexcerpt a, #feature_356 .fexcerpt a, #feature_363 .fexcerpt a, #feature_366 .fexcerpt a, #feature_371 .fexcerpt a { color: black!important; text-decoration: underline; text-shadow: 0 0; } #feature_354 .fexcerpt a:hover, #feature_356 .fexcerpt a:hover, #feature_363 .fexcerpt a:hover, #feature_366 .fexcerpt a:hover, #feature_371 .fexcerpt a:hover { color: #bbbbbb !important; }

xtrme
I had another look at the difference between the way the upgrade displays. It used to have a black box around the "edit" text and the link text. And... Framework is cutting off the right side of the feature. Man, I'm trying to like this new template but it has a lot of bugs.

xtrme
Thanks mrfent, that code worked. Any idea why the features are cut off? They were fine in Platform Pro but in Frameworks they are missing some on each side.

Jenny
What do you mean by "the features are cutting off"? Did you make the page layout the exact same size as PlatformPro? Did you set the feature image width the same size? Little things can throw off the layout and make it not the same as originally. If it's as simple as your images being too large, you can simply crop or resize them with any photo editor.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

xtrme
Yes my page layout is exactly the same width as PlatformPro - 1000 pixels My features have all been created at the same 1000 pixels wide. The problem is not that the features are cut off because they are extending beyond the width of the site; they are displaying only about 950 pixels, almost like they have some padding built in to them.

MrFent
That is correct, the Features have a padding of 15px on both sides, so if your page layout is 1000px wide, your Feature images will need to be 970px wide. If you don't want to have to edit your images, the other options are to increase the width of your page layout to 1030px, or use CSS and remove the padding: #features .content-pad { padding-left: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; }