Sign in to follow this  
cliffmcordes

Create Home Page with Blog in Menu

cliffmcordes

Hi all, I figure this is a pretty normal task, but can't seem to find a solution that works for my here. All I want is visitors to land on a Home Page and the blog plus my other pages to be in the menu. I'm on Pagelines 2.1. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated! Cliff

Jackey
This is actually a wordpress setting. Create a "Landing page" page Create a "Blog" page Choose for static page. Under Wordpress Settings > Read. And assign the pages.

Rob
Cliff, based on what Jackey was basically saying, here's the more detailed version: 1. Go to Pages and Add New - creating a page called "home" which contains any static content you wish to use. Save it after selecting the template you wish for your homepage. 2. Create a totally blank page called blog with nothing in the text edit field. Select the template you wish. 3. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and select "A static page (select below)" Below it, on the first drop down, select the "home" page you created. Then, on the second drop down, select "blog" from the list. Save the settings. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and under Pages, select both home and blog. When they're added, you can edit them to change the label to things like Home and Blog (correcting the grammar). Adjust the positioning of the menu items. Then, save. Look at your site and you should have the navigation you're looking for.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cliffmcordes
Oh my goodness, thanks so much! Very thorough answer, worked great! Thanks kindly, Cliff