Sign in to follow this  
macodesign

How can i put text-links in the header?

macodesign

Hi Supporters! I'm producing a site in Platform Pro for a customer and will publish everything on their server next week. I'm not good at coding and tryed to find out about hooks, but i gave it up. I need to put in 2 textlinks up right in the header. And i have 4 pics of flags that i allso want to put above, all with different links. I searched for a solution but coudnt find anything that work for me. Tryed with this link and changed som of it, but then the navigation and footer was ruined. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14846/make-header-jpeg-link-to-email-instead-of-root#Item_2 Can you please help me? the site is http://www.macoreklam.se/agerasales Maco

Danny
Hi Maco, The post you linked should work, can you explain how the navigation and footer ruined ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

macodesign
Hi Danny! The navigation dropped down under the red background, and the feature and everything was just pushed down. Most of the text in the footer just disappeared.

Danny
Would it be possible for you to post your code here, so I can take a closer look, as that shouldn't happen.

macodesign
I figured it out, but the textlink came up in three rows. How come? And is there a way to make the text white?

Danny
Add this to your custom code, it should make the color white and display it in one row. [code].agera_login a {width: 250px;color: #FFFFFF;}[/code]

macodesign
Great, that's perfect! Just another thing! Is it possible to do the same thing with the flags and link them to different languages?

Danny
Flags? The only flags I can see are the ones in the sidebar and they already have links.

macodesign
Yeah, but my customer really want them placed above the loginlink.

Danny
Can you post the code you have used so far for the login link and Ill see what I can come up with.

macodesign
Maybe not the best way to do it, but it's working;) Function.php [code]// ADDS CONTACT DETAILS TO BRANDING ------- // add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'agera_login'); function agera_login(){ ?>

Danny
OK, give this a try and see how it looks. Replace the code in your functions.php with the code below: [code]// ADDS CONTACT DETAILS TO BRANDING add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'agera_login'); function agera_login(){ ?>

macodesign
You're the best! I'm very satisfied, but there is a sign (;) to the left of the flags. I can't see it in the code.

macodesign
Hmm! It became a smilie. I mean the sign ;

macodesign
I got it, work's great! Thank you so much! =D> Happy New Year to all of you at Pagelines support!