Sign in to follow this  
peterb

Inserting YARPP code into php for Pagelines Framework

peterb

Guides tell me to insert custom code into single.php. That file is almost empty in Frameworks. Totally different from EcoPro. Where do I insert the code for YARPP?

catrina
You'll need to paste that code into a different file, but first, you'll need the Pagelines Customize plugin available from the store (http://www.pagelines.com/store). For instructions on how to install a plugin from the store, please see here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Store. Once the plugin is activated, the code can be implemented.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peterb
Alright. I've installed the Pagelines Customize plugin from the Pagelines Store in the backend. Where do I go from there?

Danny
Hi Peter, Pagelines Customize Plug-in (This contains style.css and functions.php, just like a child theme.) Download and Activate Instructions: To get the Pagelines Customize Plugin, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard --> PageLines --> Store --> Plug-ins --> Add Plug-ins --> Top Free --> Pagelines Customize Plugin --> Install--> Activate. Once activated you can find the style.css and functions.php files in: wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterb
I took a quick look at functions.php... Totally different from when I edited the single.php file in EcoPro. I have no idea what to input besides the YARPP code.

kastelic
You have to insert the code using a hook. Here are the list of hooks: http://api.pagelines.com/hooks For example: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','myCode'); function myCode(){ //insert your php code here and it will display on your site //after the post content. Change the hook to change the location. }[/code]

peterb
Thanks for that kastelic, but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm probably inputting it wrong. When I put in that code, my site broke, with a reference to the code that I put in: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/myserverino/einstein.is/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php on line 50" This is what I put in: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','myCode'); function myCode(){ }[/code]

Danny
Hi Peter, Never used YARP, so I'm not sure if this will work or not but there's no harm in trying: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','myCode'); function myCode(){ related_posts() }[/code] Remember, my PHP skills are legendary for being poor!

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterb
Thanks Danny, but nope, didn't work. Still getting the same error.

Simon
Your missing a colon after related_posts() ;) should be related_posts(); Also best to wrap plugin functions inside a function_exists() check, then if you dosable the plugin your site wont explode: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','myCode'); function myCode(){ if ( function_exists( 'related_posts' ) ) { related_posts(); } }[/code]

peterb
Thanks Danny, a step in the right direction. Now the code is showing, but I want it only to be in the postloop, that is only in single posts. I just viewed a category page on my site, and YARPP displays its related posts there also. Quite a nuisance.

peterb
Sure Catrina: http://einstein.is/category/ios/iphone/ It's happening because I want my category lists to display full content posts, since I always have the classic <--more--> code on all my posts.

kastelic
If you want it to display only on single posts you can add a conditional like this: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','myCode'); function myCode(){ if ( function_exists( 'related_posts' ) && is_single() ) { related_posts(); } }[/code]