Sign in to follow this  
peterb

Customizing Carousel on Pagelines Frameworks

peterb

Hello boys and girls. I'm trying to customize the Carousel on my page for Post Thumbnails. What I've tried to do is pinpoint the carousel with Firebug in Firefox, but that didn't cut it for me. I would like to do the following: 1. Change the background from the current #F2F2F2 (those colors nowhere mentioned in the general style.css or sections/carousel/style.css to the #FFFFFF 2. What I also would like to do is change the text, so it's always displayed, but not only when the mouse is hovering over the carousel images. P.S. Is it normal, that when I set both max image width and height is for post thumbnails as 140 pixels (that is 140x140), that some images, that have 150x150x featured images, are displayed as 150x150x ?

peterb
Hi catrina, here's a link to my site: [url="http://einstein.is"]http://einstein.is[/url]

kastelic
If you want to display the hover boxes try this: [code].list-title {display: block}[/code] It looks like you already got the background to be white?

peterb
@kastelic Damn it. If so I must of forgot to clear caches, both on Hyper Cache and my browsers. Gonna try it again, and see what comes out of it.

Danny
Hi Peter, Is this issue resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterb
Hi Danny, and thank you for your concern, but no the issue isn't resolved. Here's what .thecarousel in secions/carousel/style.css file looks like at the moment: [code]#carousel .thecarousel{ background: #ffffff; position: relative; padding: 30px 67px 25px ; overflow: hidden; display: none; /* Prevents all images from showing on load; must be shown using JS ahead of carousel init. */ }[/code] And for text display, this is what's written in "content ul li [code]#carousel .content ul li{ float: left; text-align: center; position: relative; } #carousel .content ul li img { padding: 3px; } /* for text with hover over effect */ #carousel .content ul li a{ position: relative; display: block;} #carousel .content ul li a span.list-title{ color: #fff; text-shadow: #000 0 -1px 0; background: rgba(0,0,0, .9); font-family: 'calibri', 'lucida grande', arial; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; opacity:0.8; line-height: 1.4em; position: absolute; width: 90%; right: 0; bottom: 1px; display: block; }[/code]

kastelic
Try this: [code].list-title {display: block !important}[/code]

peterb
Thank you kastelic. That came in handy, and works, but it's wider than the image, so I have to customize that when the time comes. BTW the !important part helped a lot, as I used the following code to make the background white: [code].thecarousel {background: white !important}[/code] When I tried skipping the !important part my custom code was ignored.

Jenny
I have found that !important is a necessity with most CSS custom code in PageLines 2.0. I have started adding it to all of my custom CSS just in case. :) If you consider this topic resolved, make sure you accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

peterb
Aaa... Accepting answers now. This is resolved. Thanks for the reminder :)