Sign in to follow this  
assuresol

Where is the 2.0 CSS Tipsheet?

assuresol

I will just show you what I am speaking of before posting my original point posted to another discussion. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/86521# The class flow appears to be totally different in 2.0. I am having a bear of a time trying to highlight (background and/or text color) for secondnav. Amazing when I first used Pagelines there was a section with a color picker for this. Seems weird to take it away in an 'upgrade' If you are interested in my dev and what I am looking at http://tester.assuresol.com/immunome/about-us/ I want the secondary nav to have a highlight on the active page. None of the custom css is helping me. When I look at it in firebug, the element is hard to nail down.

assuresol
I guess it comes down to class...and firebug is not helping for some reason. .secondnav li.current_page_item ul a:active { background-color: #xxxxxx; color: #xxxxxx; } or .second-nav li.current_page_item ul a:active { background-color: #xxxxxx; color: #xxxxxx; } or .secnav li.current_page_item ul a:active { background-color: #xxxxxx; color: #xxxxxx; } Poking in the dark with the second two. Firebug shows a crazy individual page CSS if I am reading it right. I think Pagelines is just calling active page something else for secondnav.

catrina
Try this code: [code].secondnav li.current-menu-item { background-color: #xxxxxx; color: #xxxxxx; }[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny
@assuresol I'm currently writing a new post for PageLines Framework 2.0, you can find it here. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15956/pagelines-framework-2.0-css-tweaks.#Item_1

Please search our forums, before posting!

assuresol
Danny, thanks for the update. Not to pile on (but I will of course), why did the framework go to dynamic css for the secondnav? This is a very common class, and it appears to be buried in the much and mess of the Pagelines framework. I really do not think addressing it in the custom code will work, you will most likely need to redevelop the plugin, like ASAP! I say this strongly, and really love the PageLines framework. I am enjoying tinkering with the product, and would love to become a full fledged evangelist. Going backwards not helping. :) Again thanks for the update and look forward to an answer early 2012. Happy New Year. Ryan

assuresol
@catrina thanks, but looks like we are on standby on secondnav. Parking lot this issue.

Jenny
If the link that isn't highlighting properly is a category / tag / archive page, that has been a common issue, even in PlatformPro. For some reason Wordpress doesn't assign a 'current-menu-item' to those menu items. Also, a:active hasn't ever done anything in Wordpress as far as I've seen. Use this in your custom CSS code box (change the colors as needed): [code].secondnav_menu .current-menu-item a { background-color: #000000 !important; color: #ffffff !important; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
PS if you want to change the hover colors also, use this (change the colors): [code].secondnav_menu .current-menu-item a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #000000 !important; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

assuresol
Thank you @simple_mama. We are getting there with figuring out the new framework. Many thanks to you, catrina and danny. Obviously you get the solution.

assuresol
Now I just hope it works in most new browsers. :)