Sign in to follow this  
zerogws

Layout Editor doesn't work.

zerogws

Layout Editor fails to save changes and keeps altering my widths to 4+ the value given, while retaining the default values on the site. I found similar posts about this issue for PlatformPro without any resolutions, but please note that this is in the PageLines 2.0 framework. What I have done in the exact order: 1. Fresh install of WP 3.3 2. Installed Pagelines 2 framework 3. Began working with Layout Editor in PageLines Settings (this is on a local install and online) What's happening: I set the default layout to full width content and then save. So far seems good. Then in the full content layout I slide the width to 1024px. (Mind you this takes several attempts to get just right b/c most times I release my mouse, the value jumps to 1028 or 1020. I even altered the sensitivity of my mouse and the slider still likes jumping several values as I continuously attempt to hone in on 1024. VERY FRUSTRATING!) I save. Then... I go to change the Content+RightSidebar. The global width says 1028. I go back to FullWidthContent w/out changes and now it says global width 1032. and I can keep clicking between the two and each time find the global width increasing by 4. No I have not tried setting the layout in CSS. The framework exists so I don't have to make manual adjustments for basic aspects of the website. I have reinstalled WP 3.3 and I have not only reinstalled PageLines 2, but I even re-downloaded it from my PageLines account. There are no plugins to deactivate, there are no other settings that could be affecting this or images to be throwing anything off (which shouldn't affect it anyway). Also, despite whatever value the global width decides to show, Firebug shows the site stuck at the default 960. So now what do I try? And please don't say to change the CSS. I want a functioning framework. Thanks in advance.

kastelic
Thanks for notifying us of this. I was able to duplicate your problem and will mark this for the developers.

Jenny
Simon is ill with the flu so he will respond as quickly as he can. I assume this has to do with the different layouts and how some layouts have padding around certain aspects. Just a guess tho. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

zerogws
Not sure if it was due to the 2.0.1 update or not, but suddenly the following changes have occurred: - the frustrating slider issue adding -4/+4px has calmed down greatly. It still likes to jump around, but landing on the desired width in the first place is much easier. So to get 1024px I just land on 1020, release the mouse and it jumps up 4. Still strange but manageable. - my +4px issue when switching between layouts has disappeared. However, the Layout width displayed in the settings versus the actual width on the site are still not matching up. Also, I have a cold and don't have a voice today, so I know how lame being sick is. Hope you get better Simon!

zerogws
Well, still having this issue. Specifically.. "the Layout width displayed in the settings versus the actual width on the site are still not matching up." Also, I submitted a support message over 2 weeks ago on the contact page about not receiving proper notifications (w/ preferences set correctly) for forum response. Hence I sometimes forget to come back and check for a response here. VERY Frustrating! Thanks?

kastelic
I noticed if you try it in Chrome this doesn't happen, only if Firefox on one of my installs, have you tried switching browsers?