Sign in to follow this  
andrewrozell

Padding around Body

andrewrozell

It looks like there is about 8px border/padding around the body content. On my page, it is a tan border around the feature, the nav and the logo. How can I reduce the size of this border so my background blends with my nav? www.bookishcoffee.com/temp

Rob
Andrew, what site design mode are you using? Do you have Firebug for Firefox? The latter could help you identify the CSS elements involved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

andrewrozell
I am using PlatfomPro, i don't have firebug... i will download and see if I figure firebug out. in the meantime, do you know what tag that padding is?

catrina
That padding is present in the header (which has the tag div#header) and the page content area (which has the tag div#page-main).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

andrewrozell
is there a padding tag I need to add or an existing one I need to edit? i don't see what needs to be editted.

catrina
You can add custom code to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your settings to change the padding (it'll overwrite the default CSS). It's not advisable to change the existing stylesheet. However, from looking at your site, what looks like a padding issue on your page isn't a padding issue after all. It's a width issue. Try adding this code to the Custom CSS section: [code]div#page-canvas {width: 960px;} div#feature {margin-left: -1px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

andrewrozell
ah, thanks for the heads up about the custom css. i am not a professional developer by any means, just helping my brother with his site. i added your css to the body tag in custom code but no change. do i also need to change the header, footer, etc to make sure the "padding" is gone?

andrewrozell
ah, stupid me. i took it out of the body code and nothing. i then changed the div#feature to -20px and got the feature to move flush (www.bookishcoffee.com/temp), but still than tan around the entire body.

andrewrozell
yeah, i did, but that doesn't seem to change anything at all. i went with 800px and tried 1200px but no change.

Jenny
Remove this: [code]div#page-canvas { width: 9600px; } div#feature { margin: 0; }[/code] Add this: [code] .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas, .dcol_container_3 { width: 960px !important; } #feature { margin: 0 !important; } #page-main .content, #nav_row.main_nav { border: 0 none !important; } #branding .content-pad { padding: 25px 15px 20px !important; } .dcol_3 { margin-left: 30px !important; width: 290px !important; }[/code] Should work pretty well for you. ;) If anything needs fixed on other pages, just let us know.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.