Sign in to follow this  
guruballoon

My blog is scrambled

guruballoon

I performed the update yesterdeay 2.01 adn since then, my feature slider does not work no matter how I set he meta data. Also, My Blog is scramled and is not exhibiting format or images. Please advise http://guruballoon.com

Rob
I see your blog page. If you open the blog page in the page editor, is there anything at all written in the text area? Is the correct page template selected? I note that the slider on the homepage looks fine and appears to be working. Was there another that is disrupted?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

guruballoon
Is the correct page template selected?? Which one should be selected?? The slider on the home page is supposed to show 5 features.. it's shows only One..

Rob
Okay. We are here and working on it but this is a dialog process so please be patient. The correct template is any template that includes the elements you wish to appear. In that template, which ever it may be, it's important that no elements have moved which under certain circumstances, such as deprecated plugins, can become corrupted. You did not answer my question about having any content on the blog page in the editor. For the blog to work correctly, the blog page must be completely devoid of actual content, except for elements included by the template, such as slider, boxes, callouts, etc. If there is a blank space, a period - anything in the text area, the page will corrupt. On the homepage, can you check to see which Feature Set is selected, then check under Dashboard > Features to ensure that the slides are in that set. I'm sorry for the mundane testing, but this is the best way to identify problems.

guruballoon
1st the Blog Page Issue. The Page template for my Blog page is a "Banner Template" There is no text in the wordpress field. Please advise

Rob
How did you get a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson onto your blog page? And the plugin NGG Related Gallery? The Emerson quote appears to be a blockquote on the page.

Rob
Also, how are you constructing your posts? They appear to be badly constructed at the post level. Is this a new development or did you not create the posts correctly or set up the structure in settings properly?

guruballoon
I was not under the impression that I was constructing posts in a "Poor" way.. Everything was fine until I performed the update. It seems that my posts have been turned into Archives with ID numbers.. I am using FancyBox and the pictures are there but, not appearing on the main page. Also, my hyperlinks to my google search criteria are not working. Therefore.. Please help before this causes any further financial damage or before my site losses rank. What is so hard about calling a customer, offering solution oriented service? Are you proud that my blog is not working because I chose to use your products??????

Jenny
It looks like you're using a "custom" page for your blog page. If that's what you want to use, did you remember to add the "content" section to it? If you haven't specified what should display on the page, then nothing will show. ;) For the features, you need to edit whatever page type you are using for that page, and then click the feature settings to tell it to show 5 feature images. Alternatively, you can edit it on the actual page as well in the PageLines Meta Settings at the bottom. Do both of the above in PageLines -> Templates.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.