Sign in to follow this  
rljmedia

Pagelines framework has to many style sheet in the view source

rljmedia

Hello Gurus, I enjoy pagelines a lot and as I am working with it to create great websites their is some drawback. When I view the source compared to the diythemes.com template css design, They kind of have the number of style sheets load very efficiently with only three. Pagelines seems to have six or more loaded on every page. On a high traffic high volume website, these large number of styles sheets can cause problems in the long run. If there is something I do not understand please educate me. From what I know for now about pagelines is that it is not a solution for high volume websites unless you know other wise. Thanks again, and I enjoy the pagelines product for what it is and how is is designed. I know and expect improvements is important. will you be addressing these issues? www.rljmedia.com

Martin Bay
This should not be a real problem as long you avoid @import: http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/docs/rtt.html#AvoidCssImport Martin Bay

Jenny
I checked out your site but I don't see PageLines on it so I can't really help you at this point. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rljmedia
Thanks simples Mama. ( I just love saying that for some reason ) The site I was working on is www.mandiduleen.com

rljmedia
Thanks for the link Martinbay. This make plenty of sense now. Roger

kastelic
After viewing the link it seems to load 6 stylesheets is really no big deal, they are small files (relative to say, an image) and can also get cached by the browser. I counted 12 stylesheets loading on smashingmagazine.com which is one of the most popular web design blog in the world.