Sign in to follow this  
Lynn759

Problems with ads and page borders

Lynn759

I'm using page borders with 2.0 Framework and I'm getting a break in the border at the footer because of an ad (footer widget also breaks the border.) There is an ad in the header that does not cause the border to break. I've tried putting the add in the functions.php and directly in the footer.php both have the same result. HV2oz.png I'm having another issue with the header ad, it loads correctly on Wordpress but it shows a duplicate ad in the header on the Vanilla forum. I even tried hiding the ad in Vanilla with this

.vanilla .leaderboard {display:none;}
That hides the ad I want to show up and the unwanted ad is still there. Any ideas?

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible for you to provide a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Lynn759
Danny, I'm not currently running the theme on my site, I still have iBlogPro 4. I'm trying to work out the bugs on my local host before I use it. If it was a site with little traffic I would put the broken theme up for you but with over 12,000 page views a day I don't want to do that. I have all the plugins disabled on my local host and the bottom border breaks without an ad and with the footer widgets. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/auTuU.png[/IMG] The duplicate ad in the header is a separate issue that happens with page borders disabled. Has anyone at Pagelines tried putting ads in the header with a Vanilla integration? I doubt I'm the only one that would have this issue. Also, has anyone tried a page border with footer widgets or ads inside the border? The 2.0 Framework seems very much like beta software to me. What I thought would take a few hours has ran into several days and I still have unresolved issues.

Jenny
Keep in mind that Page Borders is a third party add-on from the PageLines store. The developer's contact information is on the add-on page at http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/page-border/. Please contact the plugin developer for assistance with this issue.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Lynn759
Thanks simple simple_mama. I will do that with the border issue. However, I notice the border issue disappeared when I swapped to iBlogPro 5 theme. Do you have any idea why I would get a duplicate ad in the header in Vanilla but only one on Wordpress?

Jenny
Make sure you tell the developer that the issue goes away with iBlogPro5. That would be a nice piece of info to have for debugging. :) I'm not sure where you have the ad inserted, but have you tried placing the ad in a widget and then placing the widget wherever you want (i.e. header section)? This would probably also help with the breaking of the page borders - just a guess though!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Lynn759
Thanks again. I learned something because I didn't realize I could put a universal widget in the header or footer for ads. That makes inserting ads incredibly simple for the user.