Sign in to follow this  
larrystammen

PlatformPro Base Broken Theme

larrystammen

I've stayed away from this forum for awhile, since the new release, waiting for the air to clear. Hoping things would become clearer. Now that I'm back, can someone please tell me how to do a new PlatformPro install where I don't get a broken themes message. I have no problem installing PageLines Framework 2.0, but when I install PlatformPro Base it says "The parent theme is missing. Please install the "platform pro" parent theme. Please advise!

larrystammen
Never mind. I figured it out. But why with this supposed "drag and drop" simplicity did I have to modify file names to make it work? If I had wanted to be a developer I would have gone that route!

catrina
I'm sorry you had trouble with that bit. Glad it was figured out, though! I believe the "drag and drop" simplicity was referring to the layout sections and features.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

MrFent
You shouldn't have had to modify any files. the PlatformPro Base is intended to be used with PlatformPro 1.5.3. PageLines 2.0 has its own Base Theme that you can download through the PageLines Store. Check out http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme#Install_the_Base_Theme for more information

Jenny
@mrfent is exactly correct. In order to use PlatformBase, you will need to have PlatformPro installed as well. To clarify, install BOTH PlatformPro and PlatformBase but make PlatformBase your active theme. If you don't do that, you will have issues. Make sure the file names are left alone or the theme will not function properly.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

larrystammen
Catrina... I may not be a "pro," but I do understand what "drag and drop" means and its reference. My point was that software (PageLines) which is billed as being "easy to use" is anything but, as is evident in this forum. Mrfent... I don't want to split hairs with you, or anyone for that matter, about my choice of words. I know where the "Docs" are and I also how to read. Your link would have been of no benefit to me, as I had to "change" the "words" PageLines and PlatformPro in wp-content>themes to all lowercase letters (pagelines and platformpro) in order to make them "work" with PlatformPro Base and vanquish the "broken themes" message I was getting. Now what that's all about I don't really know (or care), but it worked for me. Simple_mama... Now I'm confused again! Everything is working fine, as far as I know, but I have PageLines Framework 2.0.1 as my "Current Theme" (not "active" according to WordPress; although I did "activate" it). Both PlatformBase 1.4.1 and PlatformPro 1.5.3 are installed as "Available Themes." So, are you saying I should go back and start over, this time following mrfent's directions?

Simon
PageLines Framework 2.0 and PlatformPro are 2 different theme/frameworks. If you have installed 2.0 you do not need platformpro and platformbase installed at all. All the themes we produce always have lowercase folder names, in fact all themes on wordpress.org themes repo have lowercase folder names.

larrystammen
Thanks you "pross!" That is a VERY useful bit of information. When I deleted PlatformPro just now, I got a "broken theme" message. So I backed up and deleted Platform Base first, then PlatformPro. For some reason it allowed me to do it in that order. Anyway, thanks much for the info!!!