Sign in to follow this  
indakno

Banner/Ad Placement

Rob
Do you have the PageLines Customize plugin activated? If not, please get that one. Make sure that wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php and style.css are CHMOD to 777 to make them writable. Then, you need a hook to add to functions.php. You'll do this via Dashboard > Plugins > Editor and by selecting PageLines Customize unless you also have the Child Editor plugin activated as well. If that's the case, you edit via Dashboard > PageLines > Child Editor. You then add a hook at the end of functions.php that looks like the one below, but make sure to add your own ad code for the leaderboard: [code]add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'google_leaderboard_ad'); // function name function google_leaderboard_ad(){ // This hook adds a stumbleupon icon to the header of your theme. The class referenced in the link can be seen in the style.css // and is the image from the CSS is placed in the images folder ?>

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

indakno
This seems to be working. Where should I put the code in the style.css? The places I am placing it now isnt working (at the end) Thank You

kastelic
You can put it in Pagelines Settings -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

indakno
unfortunately, that's not working. Is there another way? Or am I doing something wrong? Does it matter if my theme is not wide enough?

indakno
These methods arent working.I just need to line it up next to the logo in the header

indakno
[quote]/* ============================== */ /* = HOW TO CUSTOMIZE PAGELINES = */ /* ============================== */ /* Rules placed in this stylesheet will override the default styles of the Base Platform theme and will not be changed or over written when you update the Platform framework. Additionally, since this stylesheet is purely for editing purposes you can easily undo or erase some of the CSS to return your site back to the look and feel of the Base theme. In the Base theme the footer is black and the CSS looks like this: #footer { clear:both; font-size:1em; overflow:hidden; text-align: left; background: #000; color: #999; position: relative; } To change the background color to white, all you have to do is declare a new rule for the color like so: #footer { background: #FFF; } A great tool for modifying themes and inspecting CSS elements is the FireBug extension for FireFox. You can also use the developer tools provided by Chrome (right-click and "inspect element") or Internet Explorer if you're feeling dangerous. LEARN CSS - We recommend using Lynda.com video tutorials to learn using CSS. Also, for a comprehensive list of CSS rules and usage try consulting W3 schools @ http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp */ /* ============================== */ /* = div.leaderboard {float: right;} = */ /* ============================== */[/quote] Did I place it in the wrong spot?

fazcue
pagelines_inside_top_branding is not a hook, at least in my Pagelines 2.1 that I have downloaded from my account. How could you be using that hook, if It is not in the code? I made a search for it in all the pagelines 2.1 files, with 0 results.

indakno
So, how can I make it to where the ad placement is next to the logo?

indakno
I would really like some additional help with this one. I followed all the directions but the last instruction didnt work. The ad isnt flush and to the right of the logo in the header. www.indakno.com/atl PLEASE HELP

indakno
How do I make the banner ad flush with the edge of the page? www.indakno.com/magazine. At the top, I want the banner ad flush with the edge. Also, the code given does not allow visitors to click on the ad. When you click on it, it just goes back to the main page. Thank you