Sign in to follow this  
petere21

Features and Carousel default settings in framework 2

petere21

I have more than 900 post with features width 330 and carousel settings (default post by category) I am not able to change it one by one. How can I setup default values for old post features height 330 px carousel type POST with selected category Sorry I cannot spend month by changing it separately (there is no chance to change it by default)

petere21
Adding buttons into features How could I insert button into feature like in previous version?

Rob
Hi, first you don't need to edit 900 posts. However, on each page where you have the feature slider present, such as a homepage or a category page that you've created, if you scroll down below the text editing area, you should see PageLines Meta Settings. Provided your selected theme has a feature slider in it, then there should be a tab for Features in the Meta Settings. There, you may set the height, buttons or other navigation options for the sliders appearing on that page. If you do not see PageLines Meta Settings, go to the top, right side of the page editing screen and look for [b]Screen Options[/b]. Click that, then check the PageLines Meta Settings option and close the Screeen Options. Your Meta Settings panel will now appear each time you wish to edit or create a page. To set things like the specific language or a specific thumbnail for a slider, you still go to Dashboard > Features > Features and select the feature you wish to edit. On that screen, you should have options to upload a thumbnail and near the bottom, to include specific text for a text-based features menu.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

petere21
Uff rangelone I have diffferent problem. I have more than 900 single post pages with 330 px feature sets etc .... that is my question I am able to change meta setting for different situations but not set it to start level for singla pages.

Rob
In the present version of PageLines Framework, unfortunately no global option exists, however, the developers have informed me that it will be included in the next update. I'm sorry if my earlier answer was unclear or unacceptable, but was based on your statement "I have more than 900 post with features...".

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

petere21
thanx rangelone do you have any idea when we can expect this update?

Jenny
For a bandaid, check out this post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16155/how-to-make-carousel-display-correctly-on-single-post I know they are working on the update as they realize now how important a static feature/carousel is to people (myself included!).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

petere21
you know it is not very important if you start from zero but it is very important if you use platformpro for a long time. For all old posts we made some parameters (for example 330 px banners) We are glad to change it from page to page but we need to setup old post to old parameters first. Or your default must start from last version :-)

petere21
I have problem with 3 steps - dot or dash navigation instead of numbers - FEATURES - 330 px height FEATURES - carusel post from category - I use categories for changing sets If I have the same defaults like the old version it is not problem to change it than, but I cannot change 900 older posts one by one

Danny
Hi Peter, Yeah, I completely understand, as Simple_Mama and Rangelone mentioned a global options will be available in the next update.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hismarkness
I'm having some difficulty; after switching from Platform Pro to Pagelines 2. In 1 carousel I have blank thumbs icons, in Platform Pro I could use the featured image from each post to make a category based carousel(it worked well). I could include individual posts (by adding it to the 'carousel' category) while still having the benefits of using nextgen gallery based carousels in other parts of the site. I'm not sure what to do with the pagelines_carousel_list option.... is there some way of switching from thumbs to featured images? I've used "Thumbnail For Excerpts" in the past to cure this type of issue in the magazine style layouts. www.markpenneygallery.com