Sign in to follow this  
indakno

Boxes into Category Posts

indakno

Is there a way to make the boxes into category posts?

Danny
Hi Indakno, I'm not sure what you mean, am I correct in thinking that you want to display boxes on content pages ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

indakno
Not exactly. What I want to do is use my boxes for category posts. Meaning I want to put boxes on my head page and those boxes show different posts from different categories with a thumbnail. Is this possible?

kastelic
No you can't choose which boxes appear by which category you are viewing, unless you choose all boxes to appear and then hide certain ones with CSS using the display:none rule on certain box id's.

indakno
Ok, but I can use the boxes as thumbnail posts? If so, how? Even if they are the most recent posts.

kastelic
In other words you want a post to be a box and also be treated as a regular post? The problem is that a Box is a custom post type that is excluded from the main loop. You might be able to use a hook to add a query_posts() at the beginning of your loop, enabling the box post type. I tried this and got it to work but got a 404 when viewing the post itself, as the Box post type has no single.php equivelant i suspect. Anyway this could give you a start: [code] //Adds Boxes custom post type to home page loop add_action('pagelines_before_main' ,'enable_boxes'); function enable_boxes(){ echo "findme"; if (is_home()){ echo "findmetoo"; $paged = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1; //fixes pagination $args = array( 'post_type'=> array('post','boxes'), 'paged'=> $paged ); query_posts($args); } } [/code] It might be easier though, to code your own custom loop that would output posts in a format that looks like the boxes section.

indakno
That probably would be best because I am also having a issue with the spacing or padding between frames. I need it to be a little tighter but I cant seem do find out how to do that in the options. I'm not really a coder but I'm just really good at following directions.