Sign in to follow this  
abduladvany

How can I create a BOX type using wordpress API

abduladvany

How can I create a BOX type using the wordpress API? Including the custom pagelines fields associated with the box type... normal custom post type methods are not working...

Rob
Could you provide a link to your site and to an example of what you're trying to achieve? I'll have to bump this to a developer for their attention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

abduladvany
Wel, its an internal site. My question is, when I create an custom post type using PageLinesPostType. When I then create options, how can I create an custom post type and then also add the options to it using API (instead of the interface).

Danny
Hi Abdul, Like I informed you on your email, I have flagged this for developers and they will reply when they return from holiday.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jenny
Flagging this again in case they missed it the first time.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Simon
Just guessing, but you would need to add the posts with [b]wp_insert_post()[/b] then use [b]update_post_meta()[/b] to add options for each post. Also [b]wp_set_object_terms()[/b] will need to be used to add the posts to a group if you wish. Its all pretty technical stuff and you will have to be careful where you use your code or you could end up with thousands of boxes ;) These functios are documented here http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page