Sign in to follow this  
mosley301

Missing Primary Nav Hooks

mosley301

On a Platform Pro site I created a ribbon effect for the navigation. You can see what I did at http://www.wonderfullifeclothing.com I want to do the same thing on a site that I am using PageLines Framework on but there are hooks missing.

add_action('pagelines_before_primary-nav', 'add_ribbon_before');
	add_action('pagelines_after_primary-nav', 'add_ribbon_end');

Are there new hooks that replace these? Is there away the I could just hard code them in to the theme? I would just have to remember to re-add them when I update. Not really a big deal. I dont understand why its now harder to uses hooks. Hooks and Sections was what made Platform so great. Now it seems like there trying to move away from hooks. I guess another option would be for me to make my own nav section with the added hooks. But I dont know how to make a section.

MrFent
You can use the "PageLines Customize" plugin, available for free in the PageLines Store to add your custom hooks. Click on http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin for more information. You can see all of the available hook in 2.0 by using the "Action Map" plugin, also available for free. Once you install & activate, go to the front end of your site while logged in, and you will see "Action Map" on the top left in your Wordpress admin bar. Click to toggle it on, and the hook names will appear.

mosley301
Yeah there are no hook right before or after the nav anymore. I am asking if there is a way I can add them back in. Thanks for the help. I do have the plugin installed.

MrFent
That I don't know. Unfortunately you will probably have to wait till after the holiday weekend for a developer to answer

mosley301
I think I will have to clone the nav section and do my edits that way.

kastelic
Yes I think that may be the best way to do it. You can copy the nav section and give it a new name and create it as a new section, which you can then edit.