Sign in to follow this  
appletim1

Feature Foto Format Flummox

appletim1

Using WHP on the following site http://cassano4senate.com and embedded the following code: `cassanoprofile.jpg width=100 height=50` The original picture was captured and can be viewed at `http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs524.ash1/30823_108943512483533_100001036553636_68145_3884840_n.jpg` As you can see, the formatting has me flummoxed. Can you please assist? On another unrelated matter, there is a stray "footer" in the bottom right, I can't seem to remove. Can you provide guidance on that as well? Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Hi Tim, The appropriate format for your picture should be: `cassanoprofile.jpg` As for the 'stray' footer, I believe this is due to an unclosed HTML markup tag somewhere in your content. To help you find this, use the W3 validation service: http://validator.w3.org/

appletim1

Thank you for your response. I did some massaging prior to seeing your response and have the formatting issue fixed. I had not used that service before. Now that I did, it looks like there are a TON of outstanding issues there, that may or may not be related to that footer issue... "Paid for By Cassano for Senate, XX XX Treasurer" I know I got a Header and Footer plugin, used it, then realized there was a better one in WHP, and deleted the plugin. Yet the text still remains... With that as a clue, any other ideas? Is there a widget sized contact form that is latent in the WHP theme? I have tried a few but all are too large... Final question for tonight... If I insert a custom header, I will probably have to make the blog "title" and "tagline" on the settings tab transparent somehow. How is that accomplished? Thanks again for the help.

cmunns

"Paid for By Cassano for Senate, XX XX Treasurer" This looks to be outside the theme markup. Are you sure the footer plugin is completely deleted? Contact forms in WHP work well on pages using a plug-in like CForms II, you can adjust width with CSS and I'd happy to help once you have it in place. As far as the custom header it would be best if you placed text in the actual image, otherwise you'd have to make add your image to the background of the header using CSS (not the option) so the default text doesn't dissappear

appletim1

I have just inputted the form, but it looks terrible. Could you try making it slightly smaller and removing the extra asterisks if possible? Thanks.

bryan-hadaway

Hi, try adding this to your Custom CSS: ` #easy_sign_up input{margin-bottom:15px} #easy_sign_up #sub{clear:both} ` Thanks, Bryan

appletim1

Bryan: Thanks for posting. Where would I place it? Thanks.

Andrew

In your Custom CSS theme option. (under custom code) is that what you meant?

appletim1

Thanks! I think I have that one licked. Now I need some help with the feature slide. I'd like to create a slideshow and insert it into the existing feature slide. I'd also like to center vertically the text in the "feature text box" to remove the gap at the top. Any ideas?

wp101

Hey Tim, To create a feature slide, you can go to the Feature Setup section of the WhiteHousePro theme settings and if you find any existing unused 'features' (labeled as: feature #x), you can add your data to them. If there are no existing empty features or you need to add more, simply click 'New feature slide' at the top right of the feature settings area. Also make sure that the feature is not set as draft (see checkbox at the bottom of the settings page). The gap at the top looks a little out of place because there is some space there that is reserved for a heading. It doesn't look like you have entered one for the particular feature in use? If you typed something appropriate there, it might look more graceful. However, there is a css alteration you can do (if you feel comfortable doing that) which will reduce the margin size altogether. In the pro.css file, you can alter the following setting: .fcontent .fheading { margin: 2em 0; } Perhaps change it to 1em.

wp101

Sorry Tim, I just remembered - instead of typing it in the pro.css file, you can go to the "custom code" section of the theme settings and append it there.

appletim1

Talha: Thanks for the advice. I am a little lost ID'ing the location to make the vertical adjustment, and I was trying to insert a slideshow gallery. Thanks.

wp101

Tim, About the vertical adjustment: In Wordpress admin, if you go to Theme Options -> Custom Code and find where it says "CSS Rules", you can copy/paste the following to the end of whatever is in that box: .fcontent .fheading { margin: 1em 0; } Regarding the slideshow, just so I understand, you want something that transitions from one image to another automatically with a fade effect in between? That can be done in the manner which I described. You simply add a new feature for each new image and the slideshow aspect of it would be taken care of. I hope I have understood your requirement correctly. Please let me know.

appletim1

Success! I was able to fix the vertical alignment issue, but the slideshow is confusing me. So I thought I followed the directions, but ended up getting multiple feature slides with wildly cropped pictures. I would like a single feature slide, that changes the pictures, similar to the slideshow on front page of another site: http://southwindsorhaitischool.org Thanks for your continued help and patience.

appletim1

Hey, I think I have it now. Cool! Thanks. How do I get the neat buttons at the bottom similar to the WHP Demo? The ones that exist now are blank. Also, how do I change the font and make the text bigger in the "feature text" box? Thanks.

cmunns

You can get the buttons by assigning an image as the thumb. This is set when you create each slide. This option also has to be turned on so that feature navigation uses the thumbs in the first place which is set in "feature settings" not on the individual slides where you put the image. For the text size and font. Use some CSS, it's very easy to learn and a variety of resources for it.

appletim1

so by inserting the appropriate css code into "feature text" box I can control the size of the output? I tried that with and it adjusted the font across the entire site, (instead of just the text box) completely messing the entire site up. Also is there a way to insert a hyperlinked image into the "feature text box"?

cmunns

you need to add CSS in the CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS section of the theme options. It would look something like this if you want to modify the fonts. .fbox {font-size:14px;} I recommend learning a little bit about CSS and also Firebug to help you make these sorts of adjustments unless you can be more specific. Also hyperlinks are formatted with html like so: `Link Name`

appletim1

Specifically: I only want to modify the font size in the feature boxes NOT on the entire site.

cmunns

Okay so you want it smaller you'll need to add `.fcontent p {font-size:.9em;}` in the place I told you to add it before. Or say 1.1em to go a little bigger

appletim1

Okay, would I overwrite the content in the "CSS Rules" field?

appletim1

I would like to set a linked image in the left side of the feature box. How is that accomplished. There was a reference to creating buttons (Hi, play, etc in demo) at the bottom of the feature box. Can you elaborate on that further please?

cmunns

Yes that will override the other rules, but not overwrite them. Just make sure you place it in the theme options under CUSTOM CODE section where it says CUSTOM CSS. To create a linked image in the left side of the feature slider you'll need an idea of how to set an image link, which is basically formatted like this: ` sampleimage.jpg ` The buttons you're referring to can be seen on most of the theme demos. You set these by adding a thumb image to the options for each slide using a URL to the image. You also have to make sure that in the feature settings you have the "thumb nav" mode selected.

appletim1

This is getting increasingly frustrating. Impressed by the design and features of the advertised demo, for the first time ever, I paid $77 for a WP theme. I hoped for that fee I would get support for, in the end, a cool site I could be proud of. After 24 posts over a month, with 4 different people (apparently some from PageLines, some not) I do not feel any closer to making this site anything like what was advertised in the demo. Further, I feel most of the replies of the questions I have posted are either vague, disjointed or incomplete. Please understand, I am not a CSS expert, or hardly even an intermediate user, that's why I chose to pay money up front. I have however, put together some other self hosted sites using Wordpress and have had great results. Of course, I have only ever used free themes. Anyway, I will probably have to redesign the entire site over the next few days and figure out why I am $77 bucks poorer. What great fun. Is there any way around all of that work? I urge the tech staff to review these posts in totality to get a handle of what I am looking for. => Exactly how are feature buttons (precisely like the demo) created? All I have now are gray rectangles... => Exactly how are font sizes in feature boxes (precisely like the demo) changed? => Exactly how are linked images in feature boxes (precisely like the demo) inserted? I don't think these are unreasonable question for a PageLines customer. It boils down to making a paying customer site like the demo. If it required all of the customization that apparently may be required, I wish I would have been informed in advance. I would have saved the money. These questions left unanswered, will lead me to ask for my money back.