Sign in to follow this  
Pankaj32

Want menu link to open in diffrent tab/window, possible?

Pankaj32

Hi, This is just a general question and prolly pretty easy for pros like you. I am wondering if I can have one of my menu links to open in a new window. It links to one of my other websites and I want people to still be one the current page and the link to should open in a new window. Hope this is making sense! Happy holiday & thanks always

Rob
It's going to be really easy for you too. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus then, on the top right, you will see a tab in gray for "Screen Options". Click it. A drop down panel will open. You'll see on the bottom left of the panel "Link target". Please check that. Click "Screen Options" to close the panel. Now, create your menu item as a custom link. When you do, you will see no options. Don't worry. Once the item goes into the menu list, click it to open. You'll now see a check box option to open in a new window or tab. Check that and the new target code is dynamically written to that specific link to open a new window or tab.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Pankaj32
Thank you, I'm learning! In the mean time I found this little plugin that does its job rather well, called "Open in New Window Plugin"