Sign in to follow this  
urbanimatic

PlatformPro & wp-ecommerce category view issues

urbanimatic

Hi there, I have an issue with platform pro an w-ecommerce, when viewing a product's category it comes out like this: http://tinyurl.com/products-category it should be displayed similar to posts categories ( http://tinyurl.com/posts-category ), this is how it works with other themes. I think it has to do with template tags...found another discussion about this but it ends with a confusion if a solution has been found. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/8993/platform-pro-wp-e-commerce-category-view-problems/p1 I don't use gold cart, just wp-ecommerce. Please advice, Stelios

Rob
Stelios, I am unsure of the actual hook, but, the code snippet as cited by cmunns is [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_post_header_start','product_image'); function product_image(){ wpsc_the_product_image(); }[/code] Cartchris, in that post cites that effectively you need the Gold Cart with wp-ecommerce to make the categories work, and cmunns is saying that you need to use a hook to make it work right.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

urbanimatic
Hi Rangelone, bought gold cart plugin and added the hook but still the issue persists. any suggestions ?

Danny
Hi, I'm not sure about this, I have no experience with the WP-Ecommerce plugin, have to spoken to the developer of there and asked them for advice ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

urbanimatic
Hi Danny, I did ask for support(premium support as i got gold cart) but they are closed for holidays until 9th of January...i'm pretty sure though that this is a Platform Pro issue since with other themes i tried it works fine.

Danny
Hi, The PageLines Devs are away for the holidays too, however, I have flagged this for developer attention for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kate
@Urbanimatic To clarify: did you copy the WP e-commerce files into your Pagelines theme (via the Store Settings)?

urbanimatic
Hi Kate, first thing i did when i installed the plugin but no luck.

Jenny
I'm trying to see what the issue is but maybe you've changed something? The posts category seems to redirect to a uncategorized category, but the other page with the products seem to look okay.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

urbanimatic
Hi Jenny, thank you very much....i'm trying to solve this myself(don't seem to be the best solution but it might work), i will let you know all how it goes and how i did it later. -Stelios

Jenny
haha! ok - Just let us know how it goes. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

I face similar issue too! The product listing is using the default post template, not the store template. Do you know how to force it to use the store template, is it possible to copy the loop content in wpsc-products_page.php to template.postloop.php in base with if conditions using wpsc-product as post type? What do you think?

catrina
Something can be done along those lines, but I'm not completely certain. This was flagged for developer attention so they most likely have insight about this.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

urbanimatic
Hi hughes1974, unfortunately not completely yet...fixed the category view issue but there are still issues with wp e-commerce and platform pro. even the products page is not showing correctly...i have temporary use a category that includes all the other categories to make a products page. I would strongly recommend that you try another cart solution for platform pro....for me this is the first and the last time i will use wp e-commerce along with platform pro....i am as well really disappointed with the support that wp e-commerce provides...even that gold cart comes with premium support i don't have a reply until now from them(11 days passed since then)

kastelic
Sorry you're still having trouble with this, if you want to start a new thread detailing the issues as they stand right now, we'd be happy to try to give you some fixes.

@kastelic I have started a new thread for similar issue I'm facing, but looks like no one could assist me so far. Can you help?

catrina
I'm not sure what could be the issue. Since it's a plugin + theme issue, I'm not certain what could be done other than deactivating other plugins to see if that could be the issue.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

well but i can get the correct store display if i use the twenty ten theme and other few themes.

I'm not sure about that. I purchased wp-ecommerce and have been using it for a while with other theme, which was worked fine. I have this problem once I changed my theme to Platform Pro.

catrina
Sorry, I'm not sure what the exact problem could be between the plugin and the theme. Maybe someone else has experienced an issue like this before and has insight. Do you want to start a different thread with new details about this issue or is there no progress with the issue right now?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

I already started a new thread weeks ago http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/89403/