Sign in to follow this  
17sirens

First Post Full Length, Other Posts Excerpts?

17sirens

I wanted the first post of my blog to be a full length post and then the rest of my posts be magazine mode excerpts. I achieved this goal with the following code from Kastelic: .blog .post-number-1 .post-excerpt { display: none; } .blog .clip_box .entry_wrap {display:none;} I was wondering if I can achieve the same goal, except in BLOG Mode Layout(instead of magazine mode) for the excerpts. So it would look like 1 full length post and then blog mode excerpts. What would the code be for this style? Thanks in advanced! -Aly

profoundtigger
you just go to dashboard > platformpro > blog and posts and then on the full width post choose how many full width post you want.

Rob
In theory, you should be able to switch back and forth between Magazine and Blog formats. Have you tried it?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

17sirens
When I keep that code and switch to blog post I get: 1 full post and the rest are full length posts AND have excerpts on top. So I would need to get rid of the full length posts from the other posts that I want to keep as excerpts... but I'm not sure what code to use.

Rob
In Dashboard > PageLines > Blogs And Posts, scroll down and make sure you do not have a number cited in Excerpt Length. Also, make sure "Posts/Blog Page" is unchecked on that same settings panel under Full Post Content. Keeping it in Blog mode. Go to your posts. Make sure that for the older posts, your excerpt is manually added to the length you wish it to appear. For the latest, copy your post into the Excerpt. As you post new articles, Go back to the last post and edit the excerpt to be shorter. What version was Kastelic's CSS suggestion intended for? It may not apply to PageLines Framework if it was for PlatformPro as some of the selectors have changed. Please provide a link to your site. Thanks.

17sirens
Hi rangelone, I tried the way you mentioned, and it gave me all exerpts, which isn't what I'm looking for. The code that @kastelic gave me was intended for the pagelines framework so that it would work with 2.0- not just platform. I know that there's a way to achieve this with a similar code as I first post, just am not sure what the code would be to get rid of the additional full length posts in Blog Mode.

Rob
Again, may we have a link to your site, so we can see this in action? Thanks!

17sirens
Sorry, my blog is: http://17sirens.com I want the first post to look the same, except I want the excerpts to be in blog mode.

kastelic
I think I know what you're going for, try this: [code].blog .post .entry_wrap {display:none;} .blog .post-number-1 .entry_wrap { display: block; } .blog .post-number-1 .post-excerpt { display: none; } [/code]

17sirens
Thank you SO much! You guys seriously are the best. <3

pernillaoberg
Is it ok if I continue this discussion here? I've tried the code from kastelic above but somehow I then loose the "continue reading"-links/arrows. How can I keep them along with the full first post + my post excerpts i magazine mode? Settings->Custom CSS: [code].blog .post .entry_wrap {display:none;} .blog .post-number-1 .entry_wrap { display: block; } .blog .post-number-1 .post-excerpt { display: none; }[/code] For the moment I have removed the code since the site is online and I need the "read more"-links. I like the thumbnail in the first post, it's ok to keep that - just that I want to show the hole first post content with all the text/images... http://www.akersjon.com Thanks in advance, Pernilla

pernillaoberg
I'll start a new question on this instead... /P