Sign in to follow this  
peter.wyro@gmail.com

Child Theme, Hooks help

peter.wyro@gmail.com

Sorry, but the documentation is poor at best about how to develop hooks, child themes, etc.. for the new 2.0 framework. Can someone point me to a resource that explains how I'm supposed to customize the 2.0 framework with hooks or a child theme? I have a developer license for the 2.0 framework. Thanks!

Rob
Peter, Hooks are added into the functions.php file found in wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize. Two files there: style.css and functions.php should be CHMOD 777. You may edit either of these via Dashboard > PageLines > Editor. You first determine what kind of hook you wish to include and where it's supposed to appear. Browse to the template where you seek to place it, find the drag and drop element and click on Advanced Settings, which gives you the actual hook. With that hook, you then start your editing. I recommend doing so in a Notepad file, so you can tweak it and simply copy/paste as needed. We have published lists of hooks here: http://api.pagelines.com/hooks You don't necessarily have to add hooks, except in the event that you want something special. In my own case, I added a Google leaderboard ad in the branding area right side of the branding logo. This required a combination of the hook, the embedded ad code and CSS styling (one short line) to align the ad where I wanted it. I apologize, but I'm not personally familiar with creating child themes, though I am aware that the Framework doesn't require child themes. In this sense, it's very much different than PlatformPro. Our updating process is different for the Framework, so files are in less risk of overwriting than ever before. With the holiday season, the mods more familiar with this are away but should return early next week or shortly after the New Year. Please be patient and enjoy the Holiday Season!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

MrFent
Just a note rangeone, you can only edit the style.css and functions.php files as you described via Dashboard > PageLines > Editor [i][b]IF[/b][/i] you have the "Child Editor" plugin installed. This plugin was removed from the store at launch because it is still in its beta stage, but if you want, you can download it directly from http://api.pagelines.com/store_free/ and click on pagelines-child-editor.zip. If you want to use the child editor plugin, place the folder inside the zip manually inside your wordpress plugins folder and activate. The other option would be to edit the functions.php file directly. It will be located in wp-contentpluginspagelines-customize I apologize about the documentation on creating child themes. I'm working on it.

peter.wyro@gmail.com
Thanks for the feedback. I found the customization plugin and an example of a basic function.