Sign in to follow this  
wendygordon

Highlight on single posts

wendygordon

I want to use a highlight in the sidebar wrap. and i want it to be the same on all new posts. Is there any way to set the highlight text for single posts so that it always shows up on all new posts? From what I can tell, the only way to make it show up now, is to add the text into the meta settings on each post each time. Thanks so much. W

Rob
Wendy, the Highlight does not work in a sidebar, however, you can apply a text widget and format the text in the same styling. Once the text widget is added to the sidebar, it would appear on every page, post, search result, category or other function except, I believe, 404 error pages.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wendygordon
Actually Robert, the highlight works great in the sidebar wrap. It is one of the options that you can drag into the sidebar wrap in the template section. And it works perfectly! Your suggestion of course will work, but I am looking for a solution that lets me use the same text for each highlight on each single post. I can make it work by typing the text for the highlight in each meta section of each post, but it is a burden. This may require some kind of hook or other programming. not sure. W

Rob
How about the Widget Logic plugin widget-logic/? And the information you gave me was my Holiday present. I did not know that. It never did that before in Platform Pro. Thank you for letting me know about the highlight option. Widge logic lets you determine which posts or pages a widget may appear on. Not sure if this would help. Oh, by the way, Happy Holidays!

wendygordon
Actually, that wont solve it either, because the highlight is not inside a widget. it is a section in the template layout of the sidebar wrap. The text in the highlight has to be typed into the highlight meta on each single post I am looking for a way to have the same text show up in all the highlights for all the single posts. I am thinking this is a coding thing... Any ideas? Happy Holidays to you too! W

Rob
Wendy, I'm unaware of any options, but that's just me. Our developer is away for the Holidays, but I'll flag this. Please be patient until they get back! Could you provide a link to your site? Thanks!

mbaline
I also have this exact same question. Any updates?

Simon
Wha you need is a global option, this is coming in 2.1