Sign in to follow this  
leografie

Where's the Changelog for Framework 2.0.1?

leografie

Just updated but it broke some customisations. Is there a changelog we could look at before updating to predict where breaks might occur?

leografie
Actually, is it possible that the Pagelines Customise Plugin is not being recognised? Seems that changes to the functions.php and style.css are not showing.

Danny
Hi Leografie, The changelog.txt can be found inside the .zip file. However, I have posted it here for you to view. [code]Version 2.0.1 - Feature Section - Responsive Background Images! - Bug fix - Meta on blog page - Better background handling - Posts category mode, uses featured images - Carousel Section - Taxonomy select, tweaks - Performance - Post Saving - Changed hook - Multisite - Added support for 'blogs' folder in customize plugin - Bugs - Remove css3 media queries js ( broken ) - Features - Category mode now pulls in featured image ------------------------------------- Date: 12-22-2011[/code] What do you mean the functions.php and style.css file aren't being recognised? I have completed 5 updates and not ran into this issue. Would it be possible for you to post a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

leografie
Hi Danny, thanks for the response. In the future I'll look in the zip file. I have a development server where I tried a manual update - all the customisations were not seen so I rolled back to 2.0.0. I put 2.0.0 on a live/production server and used the WP auto install function and the same problem persists. In both cases I disabled the Pagelines Framework prior to the update. Website is godzone.com.

Danny
This is very strange. So before you updated your custom CSS and code that was used in the PageLines Customisation plugin worked fine but as soon as you updated to 2.0.1 they were either not loading or gone ? Can you perform a roll back again if possible and please and this time when you update, keep the framework active, do not disable it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

leografie
Correct on the first point. And it seems no matter what I try I cannot seem to get the customisations in the plugin/style.css/functions.php recognised. I have also tried deleteing and re-installing the plugin(s) via the store. Will try to replicate the problem with an install from scratch.

Rob
Leografie, did you make sure that wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize has both style.css and functions.php CHMOD to 777? When using the editors, if the file is not writable, nothing added to it will work. Also, do you have cache enabled? That too can make things fail, or appear to fail. After updating either style.css or functions.php, clear the cache.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
The actual customize plugin was not changed, and never will be. If we update it all custom edits will be wiped clean, so we will never do that ;) Multisite support was added so the framework will look inside a 'blogs' folder to load separate styles and functions on a per site basis.

leografie
Still have problems. Here are the steps I've taken, hopefully you can show me where I'm going wrong: Cleared mysql db on production server downloaded WP 3.3 locally Copied Framework 2.0.1 into themes folder Created htaccess file with chmod 777 Edited config.sys including line define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); FTP'd files to server Installed WP Logged In Tools -> Network Setup Subdirectories Created blogs.dir, uploads folders edited htaccess and wp-config for multisite Logged in again Network Enabled Pagelines Framework 2.0.1 in Network Admin Activated 2.0.1 in site (only one site) Activated account in Pagelines -> Account Installed Pagelines Sections Plugin via Store Installed Pagelines Customise Plugin via Store -- here the "Plugin Installed" message remained onscreen, opened Plugins -- Pagelines Sections is activated in Plugins -- Pagelines Customise is NOT activated in Plugins -- Both are NOT network activated Activated Pagelines Customise Plugin Chmod style.css to 777 In Network Admin -> Plugins -> Editor edited style.css .form-allowed-tags{display:none !important;} Style is not applied Have checked all files to ensure they were edited. Even if I try Network activating the two plugins, style is not applied.

leografie
I'll start a new topic related to the multisite / Pagelines Customisation Plugin as this topic was answered...