Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomas

Disqus, Vanilla, & Pagelines Profile integration

Rob Thomas

Is there anyway to have a single profile / login for users across the website? It seems like I have 3 non-integrated profile options. I'm not sure how or if it is possible to integrate them? I do have FB and Twitter integrated with Vanilla. But I'd like a single integration where students can have one profile and password across the comments/forum. Is this possible? Website: www.occupythisclass.com Btw: the Vanilla Forum admin panel in WP has never worked for me (can't seem to activate it). I just go to vanilla/dashboard/settings to manage the forum. Am I missing something?

Rob
Well, you've done the right things with the Facebook/Twitter integrations. I think there's also a Google+1 version as well. As for the Disqus comments, that one's not possible to my knowledge as the registration and membership management are not actually on your site, but with Disqus. I've never seen Disqus integrate with any other login process as FB and Twitter do. There is a Vanilla plugin for ProxyConnect, but I'm unsure how that works or what it would integrate with or how. When I try to manage my Vanilla integrated site, I have to login to my site through a WP login, then, I need to bypass the Admin Dashboard, go right back to Vanilla, as you say, and click Dashboard to administer Vanilla. In some ways, I think this slightly time and labor consuming process is better as it distinguishes the administrative functions of Vanilla from WordPress. I'm sorry this isn't more helpful, but if it's any comfort, you're doing it all correctly and your site looks great.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob Thomas
Thank you. I have been working on the site since Thanksgiving. Not a lot of time given how much grading I have to do. Normally, I despise educational software (so crappy), which is why I create my own websites. For years I've just used MT (because I have 4 courses at a time to manage), but I finally got sick of the limitations. I was happy to find Pagelines and I still really like it a lot. However, today I found this : http://coursekit.com/ It appears to have the social networking features integrated across the platform (which is what I am looking for, ultimately). Not sure of the design aspects of it. I just found it and have not started a demo. Kind of cool, no?