Sign in to follow this  
peterluit

color of menu buttons

peterluit

In 1.5.3 I used to work with a small plugin to color the menu buttons. This plugin does not work in PageLines Framework 2.0. Is there any simple way to color the buttons? In my opinion this should not be a CSS matter.... Peter

Martin Bay
I've call my primary menu "main" and use these styles to customize the menu. #menu-main .menu-item{} #menu-main .menu-item a{} #menu-main .menu-item a:hover{}

Rob
You can use martinbay's solution and add CSS for color between the curly brackets.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

peterluit
Thanks for the instructions, but I think this should just be in the main color section of the theme. Who doesn't?

Rob
Peter, there are settings there in the main color section of our Settings panel, however, because different websites use totally unique styling, we provide the means to use CSS to effect specific changes. This is not difficult and Martinbay's suggestion was a good one. Do you have [url="http://www.getfirebug.com"]Firebug[/url] for Firefox? That helps identify specific CSS selectors, such as the ones Martinbay posted. Were we to lock clients into specific color selections only, I think many would reasonably complain that they cannot make their sites look as they wish. I'm sure you see that problem. If you need help selecting a color or writing the color selection into the curly brackets, we'll be happy to assist. Please just let us know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

peterluit
@rangelone: Yes I do know CSS things (enough) and have done many things within PFP 1.5.3. But I keep with my opinion that just coloring basis menu buttons should not be a CSS case at all. For the price you are asking, such basic features should be in the core. Actually PFP had it with a previous simple plugin in 1.5.3. It is not a specific thing, it is general comfort.

Danny
Hi Peter, Can you provide a link to the post that has the plugin, I can't find it anywhere.

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterluit
Well it is not posted anywhere, one of the PFP developers seem to have programmed it, it was just published a short time, but in 1.5.3 I used it a lot, and made life easier for coloring buttons..... If you want I can send it to you directly, but it does not work in Framework 2.0

Danny
Hi Peter, Yeah can you send it me please. danny@pagelines.com

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterluit
@danny: done that!

Jenny
As you've noticed, the plugin you're referencing does not work with 2.0 because the CSS selectors are different. I have it installed on my 2.0 blog and it's on my to-do list for the future. :) If you need specific help, please let us know what you want changed exactly and we can try to help.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.