Sign in to follow this  
bluestar

custom CSS not working on one site and working on another

bluestar

I have tried to edit one site (* remove the line underneath the top navigation and below the written article*) through adding code in the editor section- in the style.css I have added the following code: #nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li,.fpost { border-bottom: 0px; }*the above code is to remove the line underneath the navigation and below the written article* On this website it doesn't work: http://sustainablebuilding.net.au/ where as on this site the exact code in the same place works! http://hillscarpenter.com.au/ This is just suddenly happened - everything was working fine and then after trying to change the hover colour over the nav with custom css it then stopped registering any further custom css. I removed all the custom css, deactivated and reactivated the theme and nothing has worked to make it work again Any suggestions to why this is happening? And more importantly how to fix it?

Danny
Hi, You shouldn't edit the style.css file, try adding your code to the CSS Rules area in Custom Code settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bluestar
I had tried that initially but it never worked and then when I started editing it into the style.css it initially did work. I tried now to put it again in the custom code settings in the css rules, but it still doesn't work.

Simon
you have: [code]#nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li,.fpost { border-bottom: 0px; }*the above code is to remove the line underneath the navigation and below the written article* div.widget-pad {float: left;}[/code] try: [code]#nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li,.fpost { border-bottom: 0px; } div.widget-pad {float: left;}[/code]