Sign in to follow this  
pznproductions

Feature slider still doesn't work.

pznproductions

I removed al the text from both features to see if that was the problem, Still won't work, Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Danny
Hi, What is your problem ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

pznproductions
Hi i am using 2.0 The feature slider was working great on my welcome page, but now it has stopped working and I don't know why. Any suggestions. I just have two features, one should fade into the other. Thanks. I have it set as a feature page. http://feedthelovetv.com

pznproductions
I've been trying to think. I changed the side widgets. It now has a sign-up form,

Danny
Hi, If it broke, when you added the sign-up form, I would try disabling that plug-in and see if the error is resolved. Also, can you provide a link to the plugin please.

pznproductions
I didn't add a plug in i just put the html of the sign-up form in the widget.

Rob
Did you have the image of lips in the text area to being with? Could you temporarily remove the sign up widget (copy your HTML code to a Notepad file first) to see if that resolves the issue? It's possible something in the HTML code is broken or incorrect - which is very easy to do - causing the slider to break.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pznproductions
Yes I did have the lips and it worked. I've removed everything from the first feature but main backround , still doesn't work. Removed Sign up and widget . Nothing. Put it back to the way it was originally. Nothing, The only thing i notice that is different, is originally, I had the feature set to squares/dots and you could faintly see them. And if you clicked on them, it worked fine,bu t you didn't need to. So I switched it to no navigation. Trying to go back to what I had originally, i switched it back to square/dots and now see nothing. No dotsso something is amiss there.

kastelic
If you validate your site: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://feedthelovetv.com/ you will see that there are markup errors somewhere on your page. This is most likely causing your problem. Try removing any text you have added to the page or fix any unclosed or overlapping html tags.

pznproductions
I'm sure I do , but I don't know how to correct the things I see on the validaor site Also why would the square/dots not show up anymore if i set that in mega settings.

pznproductions
Nothing new added and it was working great before. Honestly, it stopped working when I change the setting from square/dots to no navigation.Could something have happened in the update? I really need to get this solved.

pznproductions
Ok I put the feature set on every page to see what would happen. Got rid of all content on my welcome page, no effect, The one page the feature worked was the main blog page, There the feature setting was done as a special page. Worked perfectly. That page also has the same widget as the other pages, So, it is not the widget. Also, the main blog page is the only page which also gives the drop down navigation properly. What does this tell us? Thanks.

cybersphere
For the sake of troubleshooting, I am going to ask an obvious question. Can you go here: PAGELINES > SPECIAL > [BLOG PAGE] > Select Settings Panel [FEATURES]... what does it say in "Select Feature Set to Show"? Is it 'default-features' or something else? Next, go to other page you want your Feature Sliders to work on... let's say that is called, "Work with me' page... so PAGES > ALL PAGES... and select 'WORK WITH ME' Page and EDIT. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see 'Pageline Meta Settings' area. Choose [Features] button... what does it say your 'feature set is'? Is it the same feature set as above (eg. 'deafault-features') or different? Paul

pznproductions
I did not accept this answer, so I don't know why it said i did. Both feature sets same the same thing, The slider works only on the main blog page and the blog post page. They may both be set by the special edit feature section. All are set to default page. all are set to the same feature set. The only difference is the blog pages may be set by the special edit feature while the other pages are not.

cybersphere
Sorry to hear that. Now only problem is, unless mod can reverse the 'accepted' status, people who are hear to assist will not know this post still needs help. Easiest thing to do is just start a new thread listing all the things you have already tried. Everything you said appears correct so I can't assist you further. Maybe someone more knowledgable can. Paul

pznproductions
I had to copy all this because the last answer said i accepted it and I did not AND I still have the issue. Feature slider wont work. What if i saved all my stuff and reloaded the theme again, Is there a safe way to do that? would that even help? pznproductions January 9 Hi i am using 2.0 The feature slider was working great on my welcome page, but now it has stopped working and I don't know why. Any suggestions. I just have two features, one should fade into the other. Thanks. I have it set as a feature page. http://feedthelovetv.com catrina January 9 AcceptRejectThanks Have you installed any plugins recently? Made any other changes/updates? Catrina Dulay | Graphic Designer & Cat Lady http://catrinadulay.com pznproductions January 10 I've been trying to think. I changed the side widgets. It now has a sign-up form, Danny January 10 Thanks Hi, If it broke, when you added the sign-up form, I would try disabling that plug-in and see if the error is resolved. Also, can you provide a link to the plugin please. Most commonly asked CSS tweaks Get Firebug - Will make your life much easier! Please do not send me a PM, unless I ask you too! pznproductions January 10 I didn't add a plug in i just put the html of the sign-up form in the widget. rangelone January 10 Thanks Did you have the image of lips in the text area to being with? Could you temporarily remove the sign up widget (copy your HTML code to a Notepad file first) to see if that resolves the issue? It's possible something in the HTML code is broken or incorrect - which is very easy to do - causing the slider to break. PageLines Moderator, Renaissance Man, Food Expert and Raconteur pznproductions January 10 Yes I did have the lips and it worked. I've removed everything from the first feature but main backround , still doesn't work. Removed Sign up and widget . Nothing. Put it back to the way it was originally. Nothing, The only thing i notice that is different, is originally, I had the feature set to squares/dots and you could faintly see them. And if you clicked on them, it worked fine,bu t you didn't need to. So I switched it to no navigation. Trying to go back to what I had originally, i switched it back to square/dots and now see nothing. No dotsso something is amiss there. kastelic January 10 Thanks If you validate your site: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://feedthelovetv.com/ you will see that there are markup errors somewhere on your page. This is most likely causing your problem. Try removing any text you have added to the page or fix any unclosed or overlapping html tags. http://wpjim.com pznproductions January 10 I'm sure I do , but I don't know how to correct the things I see on the validaor site Also why would the square/dots not show up anymore if i set that in mega settings. catrina January 10 Thanks Do you have any custom CSS added? Catrina Dulay | Graphic Designer & Cat Lady http://catrinadulay.com pznproductions January 10 Nothing new added and it was working great before. Honestly, it stopped working when I change the setting from square/dots to no navigation.Could something have happened in the update? I really need to get this solved. pznproductions January 11 Ok I put the feature set on every page to see what would happen. Got rid of all content on my welcome page, no effect, The one page the feature worked was the main blog page, There the feature setting was done as a special page. Worked perfectly. That page also has the same widget as the other pages, So, it is not the widget. Also, the main blog page is the only page which also gives the drop down navigation properly. What does this tell us? Thanks. cybersphere January 11 Thanks This answer was Accepted. For the sake of troubleshooting, I am going to ask an obvious question. Can you go here: PAGELINES > SPECIAL > [BLOG PAGE] > Select Settings Panel [FEATURES]... what does it say in "Select Feature Set to Show"? Is it 'default-features' or something else? Next, go to other page you want your Feature Sliders to work on... let's say that is called, "Work with me' page... so PAGES > ALL PAGES... and select 'WORK WITH ME' Page and EDIT. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see 'Pageline Meta Settings' area. Choose [Features] button... what does it say your 'feature set is'? Is it the same feature set as above (eg. 'deafault-features') or different? Paul pznproductions 1:24AM I did not accept this answer, so I don't know why it said i did. Both feature sets same the same thing, The slider works only on the main blog page and the blog post page. They may both be set by the special edit feature section. All are set to default page. all are set to the same feature set. The only difference is the blog pages may be set by the special edit feature while the other pages are not.

Rob
First, I believe that whatever problem you're having has to do with settings so it's fixable. However, not knowing exactly what has happened in your site, my best recommendation would be to write to hello@pagelines.com to get a quote from a Professional web designer who could look 'under the hood' at your site. It's possible you have a deprecated plugin, an incorrect snippet of code, or haven't updated something. We can't tell which of these or any of a few dozen other variables it is. I do not know who "Accepted" this but anytime someone wishes to, a topic may be accepted and still remains open. All you need to do is add a new comment at the end, without rejecting them. We keep topics open for the most part with very rare closed topics. Please don't copy and paste entire topics because they are not really readable in proper context. Rejecting answers doesn't help to ensure you get faster replies either. It only changes the status. We reply to all open questions.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kgstew
Hi Pat, Lots of things being thrown around here. I think the best option right now will be to delete both of your features and delete the feature set. Create a new feature set, create both your features and add them to the same feature set. Then choose that new feature set on your page with the meta settings. Hard to know exactly where the snafu is and this should just reset the features so you can get going again. Cheers, -Kyle

pznproductions
Sorry I did that and started over with a new set and still will not transition from one to another. Am I going to have to get a pro to fix it? Anyone available to go into my site and fix it, I need to get my website working properly. Thank you.

Danny
Hi Pat, Would it be possible for you to send me an email danny(at)pagelines.com and I will take a closer look at your issue. In the email, please send me admin account details.

pznproductions
Danny, I sent you the info in an email, did you get it?

pehja
Love to know how it went..

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

pznproductions
pehja: the problem is still not fixed,