Sign in to follow this  
tayto

Can you add a new div under a content and twitter sidebar?

tayto

Hi, I'm very new to Pagelines and I'm using Platform Pro. I'm trying to figure out if I can add a div to my homepage. I've had a look through the documentation here but was unable to find an answer to my questions, which is: I want to add a div to the bottom of this page: http://www.debatingscienceissues.com/home/ password = DSI At the moment I am using the highlights page and just have the content area on the left and sidebar with the twitter feed on the right. What I want to do is add in more text at the bottom of the page as well as maps and logos that will run the length of the page, ie) under the twitter side bar as well. I'm not even sure if this is possible. Could anyone guide me in the right direction or let me know if it's not possible to do this. Many thanks, Tayto.

Rob
Tayto, You have quite a lot of Twitter feeds there, but you can add more widgets to the sidebar by simply dragging any of the options you want under the widget for Twitter. Text of any kind may be added using a Text Widget. Inside those, you can format text, include shortcodes, tables, etc. The volume of content on your page really is only limited by your own choices. You may add as much as you wish.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tayto
Hi Rangelone, Many thanks for your reply, but that's not really what I want to do. I've tried that and added a text widget under the twitter feed, but the text just appears until the twitter widget now. What I want to do is have the text on the page: "If you are interested in taking part in the competition then you can find out more about our partners in the 4 provinces of Ireland by clicking on the images below:" expand the width of the page and so go under the twitter feed as well. Under that text I want to add a band of logos that again will go across the width of the page and under the twitter feed. Sorry, I'm so new to this so not sure that's possible. Maybe I misunderstood your answer. Any help would be great, thanks, Tayto.

Rob
You can add a callout, using your template editor. The callout however, will be sitewide and not inside the content area. Alternatively, you can try a blockquote inside the body of text. That would put a grey background behind the quotation, indent it to offset it from the rest of the page and still allows you to format the text. On your post/page editing screen, you'll see a tab with " in it. Just highlight your text and click that tab.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tayto
Many thanks but I'm afraid that didn't help with what I was trying to do.

Danny
Hi Tayto, Is this now resolved, I visited your website and see that you have "If you are interested in taking part in the competition then you can find out more about our partners in the 4 provinces of Ireland by clicking on the images below:" added to your site?

Please search our forums, before posting!

tayto
Hi Danny, I couldn't do what I wanted to do so I put the twitter feed at the end instead, so in a way it's resolved :) thanks, so I'll accept your answer and I'm presuming that will close this thread :) Many thanks.