Sign in to follow this  
lgblom

How many levels in menu?

Danny
Hi lgblom, I think that the limit is 2 levels with our menu which is powered by Superfish. I will try to find out for you, if there is a way to increase the number of levels for you. I have bookmarked your post.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jackey
You can up the levels in PlatformPro by editing /platformpro/sections/nav/section.php line 59: ..... 'depth' => [b]4[/b], .... or in Pagelines Framework by editing /pagelines/sections/nav/section.php line 32: ..... 'depth' => [b]4[/b], ....

lgblom
Thanks for your info, I try to change from 'depth' => 1, .... to 'depth' => 4, .... in section.secondnav.php But it didn't work. /L G

Jackey
section.secondnav.php is not the file to edit.

Rob
WordPress has a default structure for menus: Parent (main nav menu) -Child (submenu level 1) --Grandchild (submenu level 2) I've never seen anyone who needed a GreatGrandchild (level 3). Instead, you should consider using secondary navigation for the Level 3. Let's say you bring someone to Food (main), then Recipes (child) and Appetizers (grandchild), when a visitor lands on that Appetizer's page, you could apply a secondary navigation menu that includes "Hot Appetizers" and "Cold Appetizers". When someone goes to "Hot Appetizers", a whole new menu could be applied with new parents, children, grandchildren and secondary menu items. Your hierarchy will only be limited by the number of pages and posts and the creative structure you can imagine.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey
I did: [url]http://golfclub-stippelberg.nl/golfclub/hareco/informatie/actieve-of-inactieve-hcp/[/url] Now I would use Reader for this, but hey... it worked for me up until now.

lgblom
Thanks for info Jackey... ...i will try secondary navigation. I wish you a happy christmas :)