Sign in to follow this  
thanp73

border around image

thanp73

For no explicable reason, one of my pages refuses to display an image with a border and caption, while anotehr page does. Both are standard images uploaded via wordpress image handler in WP 3.3, with pagelines framework. http://www.annuityace.com/annuities/hybrid-annuities/ refuses to show border, even though the page source code is :

[caption id="attachment_643" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Funky- Just Like a Hybrid Annuity- Is It Hebra, or a Zorse?"][/caption][/code]

and about me page is fine with caption with exact same code. any tips?

thanp73
Similar, related problem- I tried to put an image with a caption/ border inside the front panel of a reader, and the caption got broken, wouldn't work. Image displayed in the reader panel, but caption didn??™t- the caption was all wrapped in the [caption] and [/caption] commands but not displaying the border and caption. I could use some assistance here.

kastelic
You might want to switch to html mode, delete the code you have posted and try again, as I see there appear to be some errors in the code, specifically, extra semicolons where there shouldn't be any.

thanp73
this is copied straight from the wordpress installer. I did the page in normal view, then wentto html view to copy the code and paste here. No interim steps, and I don??™t; write in the html viewer. it worked on one page with a caption around an image, using the same process and it hasn;t worked since. Could this be a wordpress bug with 3.3? strange, because it did both the working and non working caption today in same version of wordpress. can you tell me where the code is wrong?

Jenny
Any ; in the code above should not be there. However, you should paste that code in the HTML post editor, not the Visual editor. Try it and let us know how it goes!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

thanp73
I'm going to paste again here- both of these are straight from the html editor. one page displays the caption/ border, the other page will not. it boggles the mind- this is straight wordpress image handling, no plugins. Both pages on the wordpress page editor screen show the border and caption too- just when published, one works, the other does not. working: [code][caption id="attachment_614" align="alignleft" width="270" caption="Nathaniel M. Pulsifer, Your Annuity Ace"]Nathaniel M. Pulsifer Annuity Ace[/caption][/code] not working: [code][caption id="attachment_643" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Funky- Just Like a Hybrid Annuity- Is It Hebra, or a Zorse?"]Hybrid Annuities[/caption][/code]

catrina
It might have to do with WordPress 3.3 but I'm not sure. Have you already tried looking to http://wordpress.org/support for any insight on this caption issue? Was it working fine before upgrading to PageLines 2.0 and/or WordPress 3.3?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thanp73
finally determined it was seo auto linker plugin that turns Keyword into a hyperlink that would crash the caption border when Keyword was in that caption. most frustrating issue, thx for your assistance.

Danny
Thank you for informing us that your issue has been resolved!

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx
@thanp73: A good rule of thumb (or one that I subscribe to) is to build your site with the minimum of plugins installed. Once the core is there and you have the look you want, then start enabling plugins. And research each plugin before you implement it. I have seen too many sites get broken after a WP upgrade because of some plugin that was poorly supported (I am off on a tangent - sorry). #-o