Sign in to follow this  
bryan-hadaway

Custom 404 Redirect / Page Instructions

anvilmediainc

Bryan, I think I've read every thread with 404-error page instructions so far and am still stuck. I don't think I'm going to use a plugin because Platform Pro's noposts 404 page is buried and I don't know enough to want to mess with it. I have the redirection plugin set up, but I couldn't figure out how to use it to redirect 404 error pages. I also tried adding code 3 different ways to my .htaccess file: ErrorDocument 404 /page ErrorDocument 404 /page.php ErrorDocument 404 http://www.anvilmediainc.com/page That didn't work either. Any tips on something I'm missing? Thanks!

kennwebguy

Where is the 404 page that I can customize? Which file is it? Thanks.

cmunns

If you are using PP, it's the section.noposts.php

best_2600
Would Bryan's code above go in the section.noposts.php file since there isn't a 404.php in platform or platform base. Or at least I have not been able to locate it. I am trying to have my 404 error page automatically redirect to a custom page that I will build. The redirection plugin works but it appears that the source url has to be specified which I want to see if there is a way to have it setup as an automatic redirect. Any suggestions?