Sign in to follow this  
motionltd

Displaying Custom Fields Please help!

motionltd

Hi Guys, I am almost there with getting my Custom Fields working. But I have a problem, I can't display them. I have read many files about this, I know I have to add <?php the_meta(); ?> in somewhere. But some tutorials say but it in the index.php file, others say in your themefunctions.php file. But with pagelines the themefunctions.php file seems to just be a list of instructions that I don't understand! Help! Can anyone tell me exactly where I need to post this text to this to work with the platform pro theme? Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Jenny
Make sure you have PlatformBase as your active theme. When using things such as custom CSS or functions, you must use the Base child theme. Keep PlatformPro installed though as the Base child theme will pull what it needs from Pro. After PlatformBase is activated, go to Appearance -> Editor -> functions.php Scroll to the bottom of the file and add your function and save.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

motionltd
Hi simple_mama, thanks for your response. I just did that and got this: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /homepages/8/d149657079/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 102 I copied this in: I think I'm missing something major here! Any ideas? Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Jenny
You need to make sure you put the entire function in functions.php. I have no idea what you're trying to do though. I was just telling you where it goes. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

motionltd
Ok, thanks simple_mama, I'll take it from here. Thanks for your help. Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd
I've been trying this all day now. I still can't get it to work. I am trying to add custom fields. But its just not clear the full extent of the code that I need to put in. Confused!

Ben

motionltd.com