Sign in to follow this  
joan54

I upgrated to buddypress 1.5.2 and it's not working

Jenny
Hi Luis. You will need to contact Buddypress to help you get this working since it is specifically related to their plugin. Here are a few topics that a quick google search yields: http://wpcandy.com/reports/known-plugin-compatibility-and-dev-issues-with-wordpress-3-3 http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/blank-screen-when-installing-bp-1-5-2-with-new-wp-3-3/ http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/website-turns-into-white-screen-when-i-activate-buddy-press-social-theme-1

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

joan54
Thank you simple_mama, but I was able to fix it, somehow. I have noticed that Platform theme was activated but not PatformBase. I cahnge it and now it is working. This is odd because I set form the begining PlatformBase as the active page and the rest ofthe web (I am using multisite) is using Platform theme. I also discover that one of the sites was using PlatformBase. 1. How is this possible? I upgraded to wordpress 3.3 and buddypress 1.5.2 2. This is different question... In buddypress I see that the secondary sidebar is active. I want to eliminate it or replace is, only in buddypress area, not in the pages of the blog. Is it possible? and how? Thanks, Luis

Jenny
Maybe Wordpress or Buddypress changed your default theme? I have no idea how or if that is possible, but you never know. To change the sidebars, edit the buddypress pages and change the PageLines settings. There are settings in the right sidebar and toward the bottom.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

joan54
Hi again simple_mama, How do I edit buddypress?...I am looking my buddypress settings and I don't find an option to edit. or you mean php pages using FTP?, if so which pages? When change Pagelines settings, I am using Platform, I assume you are referring to that, where?...I am in Template Setup but nothing tells me about buddypress there, then, where in PlatformBase? Thank you very much Luis

Jenny
I assume you have a Wordpress page called members that you can "edit" (check your Pages). You should be able to edit the PlatformPro sidebar meta settings there.

Rob
It looks very good. Glad you were able to resolve the problem!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur