Sign in to follow this  
Pankaj32

How can I use an external link in my features or boxes?

Pankaj32

Hello, I tried to use an external however, it results in a 404 error as the link is being preceded by my own link. Any solution to this? Thanks for any help in advance.

myohanan
Use the Feature Media Html section to create your image and link. I'm my page, I use an Html map to create multiple areas on my image that the user can click. Ex of my html: [code]Float Trailer More Info [/code]

myohanan
Obviously this is way more advanced than you might need, but use W3 schools to help you on the html. http://w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Danny
Hi Pankaj, Where are you adding the external URL, I just did a test and had no problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Pankaj32
Danny, Okay - when I add a new feature and want to link the text over it "more" to an external url. I put the url just below the Feature Thumb tab in the feature meta settings - "Feature Link URL" (Adding a URL here will add a link to your feature slide). Likewise for the box, I am placing the url at "Box Link (Optional)". Again, I am talking about an external link [b]another website[/b]

Danny
When creating or editing a Feature, if you scroll down to the settings, there should be a option called "Feature Link URL", simply add a link into here and when you or a user clicks the "more" link, they will be redirected to that link.

Please search our forums, before posting!