Sign in to follow this  
jenniferlumpkins

Change Navigation Color

jenniferlumpkins

Ok, I have been going through some of the CSS tweaks already listed on the forum and have made adjustments to the nav menu; however, I can't seem to find the code to make the gray/transparent background to brown when you are on a current page. Can anyone help me with that? http://testsite.mariemediainc.com/

catrina
The code would be this: [code]ul.main-nav li.current_page_item {background-color: #xxxxxx;}[/code] Replace the hex code for the one that creates brown.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jenniferlumpkins
I just tried that code and it still doesn't work. *sad face* Do you have any other suggestions for me Catrina?

catrina
Try this instead: [code]ul.main-nav li.current-menu-item {background-color: #xxxxxx;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jenniferlumpkins
Nope, that didn't work either :(

jenniferlumpkins
Here is the custom code that I have: .navigation_wrap {border-bottom: 0 none !important;} #nav { background-color: #301b03;} .main_nav li a { color: #FFF; } .main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav .current-menu-ancestor .current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a:hover { background-color: #d29129 !important; color: #000000; } #nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad { padding-bottom: 14px; padding-top: 14px; } ul.main-nav li.current-menu-item {background-color: #301b03;}

Jenny
[code]ul.main-nav li.current-menu-item a { background-color: #D29129 !important; }[/code] Should work!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jenniferlumpkins
Ok that helped! Thank you mama :) Now the menu is doing something else wrong in regards to the drop down. If you are not on the service page and you roll over it or on any of the sub menu items, it still shows the gray color; however, when you are on the main menu service page it shows the golden background color correctly. Any idea why that is? (never thought making a simple drop down menu would require so much code...lol)

kastelic
Try this: [code] .sub-menu a { background-color: #D29129 !important; } [/code]

jenniferlumpkins
Jimmy, That helped! The only weird things that it's doing now is if you are on another page besides the services page and hover over services it looks fine until...you try to select an option from the sub menu then the services button changes back to gray.

catrina
Hm, I'm not sure where that grey is coming from, but it's not coming from anything in the custom CSS you posted. Do you have any other custom CSS I haven't seen?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jenniferlumpkins
No, that's the only CSS that I have on there is for the nav button and for the line to be removed from underneath the nav bar

jenniferlumpkins
.navigation_wrap {border-bottom: 0 none !important;} #nav { background-color: #301b03;} .main_nav li a { color: #FFF; } .main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a:hover { background-color: #d29129 !important; color: #000000;} #nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad { padding-bottom: 14px; padding-top: 14px; } ul.main-nav li.current-menu-item a { background-color: #d29129 !important; color: #000000; } .sub-menu a { background-color: #D29129 !important; color: #000000; } ul.sub-menu li.current-menu-item a { background-color: #D29129 !important; color: #000000; }

kastelic
This should do it: [code]ul.sf-menu li:hover{ background-color: #D29129 !important }[/code]

jenniferlumpkins
Jimmy, That didn't work. I apologize if I am sending you in circles and I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me. I've been trying to use firebug to see if I could find something. Do you think this may have something to do with it:

barbosa
Hi, I'm having a similar problem: [img]http://i40.tinypic.com/mlmkwm.jpg[/img] Any suggestions?

Jenny
After a lot of digging, think I finally got it :) [code].main-nav li:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #D29129 !important; }[/code]

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jenniferlumpkins
Oh no mama...that didn't work either :(

Jenny
Where are you putting your custom code? Is the code I provided above still in your CSS? I would like to work with it to try to debug. It worked for me so I'm thinking a previous CSS callout you added may be interfering. Oh, here's an idea... move the CSS section I just provided in my previous post at the very top of your custom CSS. Order does matter so this will help make sure nothing is overwriting it.