Sign in to follow this  
dustinfaddis

How to: "Please integrate WP and activate the PageLines framework."

dustinfaddis

So I experienced the config hold up when installing PL Theme for Vanilla and I read the readme text:

Activation will attempt to write a config file inside the /conf/ folder of Vanilla called bootstrap.after.php, this file is used to include the file wp-load.php from your WordPress folder. If for any reason the automatic process fails, here is the basic layout of that file: The '/home/user/www/wp-load.php' has to be the absolute path to your wp-load.php NOT a URL. <?php // pagelines-start require_once( '/home/user/www/wp-load.php' ); // pagelines-end
So, I looked for bootstrap.after.php in the Vanilla Conf file and do not see it. I only see a bootstrap.php in the Vanilla Folder. Does this mean I have to create the bootstrap.after.php file and insert that php script? Where exactly is that script located or script need to be placed? I looked in these files to find where I should be seeing the URL error, but have not seen it. When you take time to answer this, please be clear on the "obvious" points as well. I am still learning at this type of advance config level :) Hence my clarifying question :) High5s

Rob
Are you looking inside vanilla/conf for bootstrap.after.php? If config.php is CHMOD to 777, it should create the file itself, however, failing that, simply create the file in Notepad, pasting that, but making sure that [code]/home/user/www/wp-load.php[/code] is actually pointing to the WordPress installation. So, if you have WP installed in the discussion folder, you will replace that path with the correct path to your discussion folder which might be something like [code]/www/home/public_html/domain/discussion/wp-load.php[/code] The path you cited is not necessarily the correct path. You have to make sure you have the right one. Your FTP client should indicate what the correct path is. Make sure that you upload the file to the vanilla/conf folder and CHMOD to 755, preferably in ascii mode.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dustinfaddis
@Range|one, You ask, "Are you looking inside vanilla/conf for bootstrap.after.php?". I found the code that states: "bootstrap.after.php". Contrary to the pagelines readme text, this is not a "file"; it is script in the the bootstrap.php file. I know this because Vanilla stated in their error message on the dashboard that the "bootstrap file already exists, but..." In the vanilla dashboard, the instructions told me that the Vanilla code was missing and instructed me to place a script following: bootstrap.after.php So I copied and pasted their script following the script: "bootstrap.after.php;" (I would paste that script here, but I can not access the vanilla dashboard anymore). So, that's what I did, then I got a syntax error on line 171. So to undo my syntax error I copied the original bootstrap.php code and pasted it to the bootstrap file and I'm still where I was. [b]The exact error message that I am getting is: "It doesn't look like WordPress and PageLines are integrated correctly. Please integrate WP and activate the PageLines framework." [/b] If someone can walk me through a resolution to this problem with step by step clarifying instructions that will be helpful. Otherwise, I'm done troubleshooting a language I don't speak and system that is not yet "integrated". I'd rather delete the vanilla database I created and re-create it & install Vanilla when a more seamless or clearly articulated(to me) solution exists. low5

Simon
I think you are getting confused. Yes Vaniila does have a bootstrap.php file, do not touch that! When the theme is activated it will try, if it as write access to create a new file called bootstrap.after.php in the vanilla/conf folder, the only thing in this file will be:

dustinfaddis
Yes @Pross, I am getting confused because I don't hold the same knowledge as you and I've been attempting to trouble shoot a problem that is beyond my role as a user of an "integration" product. So as I attempt to contribute to the functionality of this PL product; the PL development & moderators need to consider answers to the following Questions: When I create this new .php file, where to I locate and determine my "path to my wp-load.php file"? And, when I create this file (although I'm not quit sure how to create a new php file) which folder in Vanilla do I place this file? And, using cPanel or another easily accessible system, what are the steps needed to create this bootstrap.after.php file? Also, PL needs to update their readme.txt or help documentation to assist with this type of fix. From what I understand, I've installed everything properly according to Vanilla & PL protocol. And, feeling rather frustrated. I like being an early adopter because I appreciate creative change, I just appreciate appropriate communication of how to adapt to that change. Aka, what [b]I've been asking for is not support for special customization[/b]... I'm asking for clear, detailed communication of what to some is a simple fix. This level of integration is beyond what I believe PL2.0 is offering...should I try a re-install of Vanilla and PL-Vanilla instead? Or, do I need to "open a ticket"?

Simon
AsI said before, the script will attempt to reate the file itself if it has permissions to do so, if not you have to do it. If you do not know your PATH either ask your host or create a txt file with just this in it: [code][/code] Then upload it to your wordpress directory and open it in a browser. It will show you php's debug info which includes the full PATH to that folder. If your still having problems I'll help you out when im back in the country.