Sign in to follow this  
nwrafting

Google +1 on share bar

nwrafting

I would like to include a +1 button on the share bar. I had this set up in my old version of Pagelines and when I installed 2.0 it went away. Is there a fairly easy way to add the +1? The Google +1 seems like it's pretty important especially compared to Digg, Delicious, Reddit, and StumbleUpon. It sure would make sense to make this an option under Post Footer Sharing Icons....

kastelic
You can add it using a hook. First you will need to activate the Pagelines Customize plugin (it is available free in the store). Then add this to plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php: [code] add_action('pagelines_after_sharebar','google'); function google(){ echo "g+ code goes here"; } [/code]

nwrafting
Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and did all that and now I have 2 Google+ buttons. Here's an example. Any ideas why? Have you seen this work? http://www.nwrafting.com/rogue-river-rafting/2012-rogue-river-dates-prices

Danny
Hi, Did the other google+ share button only appear when added the code by Kastelic or do you also have a plugin too ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

nwrafting
I don't have any other google+ share button plugins. They both appeared when I added the code. I can change the size and style of both icons by changing the google plus code in the page lines customize code. Have you seen this method work correctly?

Jenny
You must have entered the code in two locations because the second one is actually outside of the sharebar. Make sure you aren't using another social sharing plugin or that you didn't add it accidentally to two locations during your testing. PS. What font are you using for your titles and such? Love it!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.