Sign in to follow this  
jwburkhard

Button Styling Broken

jwburkhard

After upgrading to Framework 2.0 all of my buttons are now stretching across the screen like this: 2iie6v8.jpg Any help how to control these would be great!

Danny
Can you provide a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jwburkhard
It's a local install, used to track inventory for my company. I can cut paste anything you want though.

Danny
The image you have provided looks like a search box, can you tell him what you have done and where the search is. So I can try to recreate this issues please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jwburkhard
It's a button for a search box from the Formidable Forms plugin. It's not the only button affected, all submit/search buttons on the site format the same way.

jwburkhard
When reverting back to PlatformPro or any of the default WP themes, the button issue goes away.

Jenny
Do you have custom CSS code for submit buttons? If so, I believe the code changed for 2.0. Check out your site with Firebug to determine the new selector. http://getfirebug.com/

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jwburkhard
I don't have any custom CSS for anything. I did a fresh WP install, fresh 2.0 install, installed the Formidable Plugin, setup a simple test form and all the buttons are stretched. I turn off the theme and buttons are fine, switch to PlatformPro and buttons are fine, but I would rather use 2.0 if possible.

kastelic
Is it possible to just try different form plugins, such as Contact Form 7 or Gravity forms? The reason being, without seeing your site, we can't tell what CSS is causing the problem for your current plugin.

jwburkhard
Okay I took a screenshot of what firebug is showing me when I select the submit form in firefox. Im showing the layout instead of the CSS on the right because the sizing shows its size as 1152x68 and it should be like 90x68. How do I change that? Thanks [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/33cy7uo.jpg[/IMG]

kastelic
Its really hard to see whats going on in the image so correct the id if i got it wrong, but you could try this: [code] #frm_search_form { width: 200px; } [/code]

adouglas81
Same problem, using Formidable for forms. All submit buttons stretching to the right.

jwburkhard
Sorry I was on vacation from work for a the holidays, tried this when I came in this morning and nothing changed :( Any other suggestions?

jwburkhard
Was finally able to target it with p.submit{ width: 72px; } which shrunk down the background behind the button to a reasonable size, but this doesn't seem to be a great solution because the button element and the background still appear to be broken.

jwburkhard
In addition to change the search buttons (not the submit buttons) you have to target the following div.submit{ width: 72px; } which while workable, still feels broken.

Jenny
If you provide a link to your site, we can try to assist you with the custom CSS code.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jwburkhard
I can't, the site is a local install without any public access. It seems to be a common problem in the forums regarding buttons, which likely means the CSS changed for button-styling with the new theme. I've also tested it across multiple themes and the issue doesn't present itself anywhere other then Pagelines 2.0

Jenny
I have buttons, including those for search and others, and have no issues on my site with PageLines 2.0. Maybe something added to the custom CSS along the way has messed things up. My advice, since I can't view the issue, is to go through your custom CSS and remove anything that has to do with the buttons. You can just cut and paste the code into a text editor so you don't lose it. See if that fixes your issue.

jwburkhard
Yeah, there is literally 0 custom CSS entries for this site, and to fix the issue I'm actually modifying the common.css inside the themes/pagelines/css folder to fix the background stretching across the screen. It might just be a Pagelines vs Formidable issue, but being that Formidable is a very popular plugin that works with just about every other theme out there, it feels to be a Pagelines 2.0 issue, since the error wasn't present in Platform 1.5 either.

jwburkhard
Update: Actually removing all style entries regarding inputs in the common.css file completely fixed the issue. Side note: Comparing the Platform 1.5 to the Pagelines 2.0 common.css files, there are huge changes for Input styles.

Jenny
Yeah the CSS was completely re-worked for 2.0 which definitely makes things a little more difficult for us here on the forum. ;) If you consider this topic resolved, please make sure you accept an answer. Thanks!