Sign in to follow this  
vballas

How to upgrade from Platform Pro to Pagelines 2.0

vballas

I wanted to ask if somebody can describe to me in detail the steps required to upgrade from Platform Pro to Pagelines 2.0. Additionally if it makes sense at this time to do so. I can see a lot of questions about missing elements or small bugs. Is it really big so that I need to wait for the 2.0.1 or can I go ahead ? Excuse me if the answers to my questions are hidden in some part fo the forum and I cannot find them. Thank you in advance.

Danny
Hi Vballas, It is always recommended to create a test environment when upgrading to any theme/framework (not just PageLines products), this also includes updates to Wordpress too. We also have a doc, which has information on what to expect when upgrading. http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=What_to_Expect_when_Upgrading

Please search our forums, before posting!

vballas
Danny this is 'what to expect' when upgrading. I am looking into a document saying 'how to upgrade'. Example: 1. Backup your current base from menu / option xyz. 2. Install the new theme like this ... 3. Restore into the new theme the saved backup from menu / option ... Also, can I ask what to do with the Base theme ? There isn't such in Pagelines 2.0 so I guess I have to use the std one ? Thank You

Jenny
http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15909/how-to-install-pagelines-2.0

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

vballas
Thank you very much for the prompt reply and links.