Sign in to follow this  
ahansson89

Remove borders from widgets

ahansson89

How do I remove the borders from my secondary sidebar? I think that it is using too much space and I would like not have this white border with shadows, but only in the secondary sidebar. I guess I need to do some custom CSS, but I do not know how to fix this.

Danny
Hi ahansson89, Would it be possible to post a link to your site please!

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
Hi, Try adding this to your custom code: [code]#php_widget-7 .widget-pad, #text-7 .widget-pad {border: 0 none !important;box-shadow: transparent !important;background: transparent;}[/code]

Jenny
Which gray box? Do you mean the borders around your ad space?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kastelic
Hi there, try this: [code]#php_widget-7 { border: none !important }[/code]

catrina
Change the code that was given to you previously to this: [code]#php_widget-7 {border: none !important; width: 160px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina
Every time I try to inspect the widget to get the code right, it redirects me to a blank page (possibly because of the ad in the widget). Can you please try removing it first and putting some random text in it so that I can look at it more easily?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny
This removes absolutely everything from the sidebar, just as you asked. Keep in mind there is a lot of empty space there that can't be used. You will need to adjust your settings for the width of sidebar2 in order to take advantage of that space. I check the size, I advise typing a bunch of run-on text (no spacing) and get it to the right width. Use the following custom CSS: [code]#sidebar2.scolumn .widget-pad { padding: 0; text-shadow: 0 0 0; border: 0; background: none; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ahansson89
It start to look like something that I wish. Now there is a empty space in the right side of the sidebar... How do I move sidebar2 to the right while sidebar1 fills out the space left of it. On the layout page the settings is sidebar1=250px and sidebar2=160px exactly as I wants it. My custom CSS on sidebar2 is: [code]#sidebar2.scolumn .widget-pad { padding: 0; text-shadow: 0 0 0; border: 0; background: none; width: 160px; }[/code]

Danny
There is an empty space as you have no active widgets, add whatever widgets you want to be in your sidebar2 and then it should be the look you want.

ahansson89
Come on guys, I don't think this is hard to understand. I have some unused space on the right side of the banner ads + I still se a frame and some shadows, I do not want that. If you are not able to help me, then I do not want Pagelines and your services.

Rob
Try putting back some text or the ad and let's see if the grey box, which is the text widget, goes away. If it still shows padding around the ad with a grey background, we'll be able to see that and try to fix.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey
My 2c... I assume the only object you want to change is #php_widget-7 [code]li#php_widget-7.php_widget.widget.fix { border:none; -moz-box-shadow: none; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; width: 213px; }[/code] If you want it to be 160px wide change the width. ...and take this out of your custom code: [code]sidebar2.scolumn .widget-pad { padding: 0; text-shadow: 0 0 0; border: 0; background: none; width: 160px; float: right; }[/code] Just use safari & show development tools in [preferences] [advanced]

ahansson89
I am getting sick of this! Is anyone of you able to help me and provide me with the custom code that I need to type in or do I have to figure this out by my self!? In this video: http://vimeo.com/32527249, you are telling me that it is easier than ever to build websites, but I just do nott think it is with the help that I am getting on this forum! If any of you guys want to help me out, I can provide you with a temp admin login, in that way you can do whatever is needed to fix this.

Jackey
@ahansson89 You are having a script problem on the page on line 177: document.write(''); http://apple-blog.us/:177SyntaxError: Expected token ')'