Sign in to follow this  
mrbenjaminjo

Can anyone help, my feature sliders have broken on my live site.

mrbenjaminjo

Hi, I use Platform Pro 1.3.1. The feature sliders have just started changing width randomly - they have been (and should be) spanning the whole page (I think 960px) - I've not made any changes that I can think of - just seems that I've come to the site and they're broken. It's www.instantcalmer.net - if anyone could take a look and help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Ben.

mrbenjaminjo
This seems to be an issue with the site width. Pagelines sidebars and content widths were wrong, I've reset them now in Layout Editor - the feature slider is now rendering correctly, however - I cannot drag the Layout Editor to tweak widths (it simply doesn't drag). This is in IE9 and Chrome. I'm using WP3.3. Any ideas? Thanks

Danny
Hi Ben, I have visited your website and in my web dev console you have a javascript error. This may be causing the error, I would recommend you load up the Web Dev console in Google Chrome and check the error youself. It appears to be related to Google+.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrbenjaminjo
Thanks Danny, I've removed the offending Google +1 code. The JS error is gone. However, my Layout Editor issue remains. In dashboard>PlatformPro>Layout Editor - I cannot drag the columns to resize. It's Layout editor that is now the problem. Incidentally I've moved to version 1.5.3 and the problem remains.

mrbenjaminjo
Yes Catrina, disabled them all - still no dragging of columns, so presently all back on. Will any CSS force my SB1 and SB2 to 210 and the content to 520 with 10px spacing between columns and sb's. Dragging isn't as important as correct layout..

Rob
Some CSS could force the width, but you really should upgrade to PlatformPro 1.5.3 with PlatformBase 1.4.1 activated. That would probably fix most of these problems, giving you better control.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mrbenjaminjo
Thanks Rangelone, the above chain of comments is a bit "all over the place" - I should be more clear; after my initial post I discovered that I was running an old version of the framework, so I upgraded to 1.5.3. I'm also now using the base theme, I still cannot change the width of my layout by dragging in "Layout Editor".

Rob
In the middle of your site, there's a slider of some kind (not ours to my knowledge). It is too wide, and is pushing into the right sidebar. As a result, it's possible this might be forcing some problems with the layout. If you try to adjust by sliding the layout width, that slider could be forcing minimum (and potentially maximum) width. How is that added to your page? How is it created? Can you deactivate it?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mrbenjaminjo
Hi Ranglone, Removing the slider had no effect. Also the Slider and the site worked perfectly together previously to this issue. It's inserted via a shortcode from another plugin. Just want to make sure you're exactly clear on the issue. In Layout Editor, I get the resize handles when I hover over the side bar and content dotted lines, I used to be able to drag these to resize the sections. Now, when I click to drag nothing happens, the lines don't move. Nor can I over type the numerical values (i.e Global Content Width, Main Column Width). Thanks

kastelic
Strange, never seen this issue before. There's a few things you could try. Go to PlatformPro -> Misc Settings and check Make Dynamic CSS Inline. If this doesn't work check the Enable Debug Settings Tab and click Save. Then can you click on the new Debug tab and copy/paste the data here?

mrbenjaminjo
This issue is now resolved. I had some Google Maps html which was preventing the layout from being changed for some reason. Offending code removed, Pagelines now works as expected. Thanks for everyone's help.

Danny
Thanks for informing us that the issue is now resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!