Sign in to follow this  
thk0418

Navi Menu bar Colors & Design

thk0418

I'm trying to change the Navi Menu bar color to blue font color white and make it little roundy.. and also color white for Submenu when hover

thk0418
actually make all to blue color with white font roundy look navi I tried one by one but doesnt seem to work for me.. www.geekscode.com

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot concept image or a link to a similar style menu, then I can help you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

thk0418
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4VdowE7_HSA/SXNvIAg3jcI/AAAAAAAAAEc/zRBdNPrP0aA/s1600/media_1232300099993_lg.png[/img]

Jenny
This should get you going in the right direction. Add the following to your Custom code -> Custom CSS: [code]#nav_row ul li a { background-color: #227CBA !important; color: #ffffff !important; font-weight: normal !important; font-size: 14px !important; text-transform: none !important; }[/code] You can add or change the code with your own CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

thk0418
THANK YOU! is there any way i can put same colors on empty spots(row)? and also put border on it..

Rob
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "empty spots(row)". Could you clarify further. Also, I'm unclear what element you wish to put a border around. Please let us know. Thanks!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thk0418
[img]http://www.tasteofkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Capture.jpg[/img]

Jenny
This should turn the whole row blue: [code]#nav_row { background-color: #227CBA !important; }[/code]

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

catpage
Hi I am doing much the same as above to style a menu with the difference that I am using the style element background-image:url('myimage.jpg'); to set a graphic in the menu to get a nice gradation effect. When I set the same background-image in #nav-row the graphic extends to the edge of the area but it does not occupy the same vertical height so looks odd. How might I correct this? Also drop-down menus would look better NOT using the background image and probably with the horizontal line gaps between items closed up. What style element needs to be set? [img]http://www.diditon.com/clients/images/menubkgng2.jpg[/img]

catpage
Oh, and vertical dividers between menu items...? Thanks

catpage
There also seems to be some clever 'shadow' styling on menu text which ought to be removed...

Jenny
Make sure you start your own topic for your questions since this one has already been resolved. Thanks!

catpage
Whoops - did not notice it was marked 'answered'. Have re-posted as a new topic.