Sign in to follow this  
sgendry

how to modify navigation + search bar color set is very unclear

sgendry

Pagelines has a comprehensive documentation, yet it seems to be missing a very important part that would/should prevent lots of posts in this forum and make many of your customers happier: how exactly do you modify the navigation + search bar color set in pagelines 2.0? Please please please consider summarizing that clearly in your docs. I am testing at http://test.laughteryogaamerica.com 1) How do I get a solid nav background from the left to the right of the page? Right now I still have a white space between the nav background and the body. I have elements of an answer. The following code worked for me for the nav color: .main_nav .main-nav li a {background: #057e9c; color: #ffffff !important;} .main_nav .main-nav li a:hover {background: #0690b3;color: #ffffff !important;} .main_nav .main-nav li a:active {background: #ffffff;color: #999999 !important;} This does not work at all: #primary-nav ul.main-nav{width:1024px; height: 0px; margin-top:0px;background:#ffffff; } 2) How do I modify the background color of the search bar? 3) How do I move that search bar higher up in the page, to be either above or below the social icons? 4)I know how to add a black bar at the top of the page, but how do I add a whole row with one line of text (that would be for a one-liner to summarize what the site is about)? Thank you for your reply

Danny
Hi Sgendry, 1. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15956/pagelines-framework-2.0-css-tweaks.#Item_10 2. Add this to your CSS Rules, located in PageLines > Settings > Custom Code: [code].searchform .searchfield {background: white;}[/code] 3. You will need to add a hook to the function.php file, use the Action Map plugin to find the location you want. 4. I don't understand what you mean, would it be possible to go into greater detail or provide an example please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sgendry
1) Awesome. More of that in your docs would be world class. 2) Where do I find the Action Map plugin? 3) I am referring to 1 line of text, with or without a background, at the very top of homepage (or any pager), with little to no padding / margin. I have also seen websites using pagelines framework where the webmasters added a few words of text (e.g. for support call xxx xxx xxx) above the search bar at the top right, and assume that this was done using hooks.

kastelic
2. Look in the Pagelines -> Store -> Plugins -> Add Plugins -> Top Free 3. The old docs has extensive descriptions of how hooks work: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme I think you will probably want to use one of these hooks: pagelines_before_branding pagelines_inside_top_branding pagelines_inside_bottom_branding pagelines_after_branding pagelines_before_branding_icons pagelines_branding_icons_start pagelines_branding_icons_end pagelines_after_branding_wrap