Sign in to follow this  
timstringer

PageLines 2 and Button Shortcodes

timstringer

I make extensive use of the "Button Shortcodes" plugin (http://tutorials.mysitemyway.com/) on my website (see http://technicallysimple.com/consulting-training/ for a specific example). This worked seamlessly in PlatformPro 1.5.3, but when I upgrade to PageLines 2.0 the buttons got replaced with grey squares. I have reverted to PlatformPro 1.5.3 for now. Any suggestions on how to address this problem? Alternatively, does any know of any shortcode plugins that are PageLines 2.0 compatible? Thanks in advance for any advise you have to share.

catrina
Have you already tried deactivating your other plugins while the Button Shortcodes plugin remains activated?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timstringer
Thanks for the suggestion, Catrina. I just tried deactivating everything but Button Shortcodes, but this didn't fix the problem.

catrina
Can you activate 2.0 and the Button Shortcodes plugin so I can see it working live on your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

timstringer
I just activated PageLines 2.0 temporarily??¦

catrina
I think it's a CSS-related issue. There is something in the CSS for PageLines 2.0 that is overwriting the styling for the Button Shortcodes plugin. Are you only using the buttons on regular pages?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

timstringer
Thanks for your insights, Catrina. I'm currently only using the buttons on regular pages. Any suggestions on a workaround for this issue?

catrina
You can revert back to 1.5.3 again. I will need to see the code that the plugin is generating on the page.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

timstringer
I just reverted to 1.5.3. Here's an example of some code that is inserted by the Button Shortcodes plugin: [code]More Info[/code] Source: http://technicallysimple.com/consulting-training/

catrina
Something is causing the buttons to be replaced by some kind of blink-wrap blink class instead of the button_link class and I'm not sure what it is. The best solution would be to look for other compatible button plugins or generating those buttons a different way using code.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

timstringer
Thanks for the advise, Catrina. I'll look into other options (preferably a similar plugin-as that's what is most convenient). I'll post any solutions that I find. In the meantime, if anyone has a suggestion for a PageLines 2-compatible shortcut plug-in please let me know. Thanks!

bass340
Try "styles with shortcodes" over at codecanyon. Working perfectly for me on 2.0 and worth every single dime they are asking.

Rob
@timstringer - that plugin you mention dates from mid 2010 and is really a series of code that you create into your own plugin. I would not be surprised if it is outdated and may not even work with WordPress 3.3. As it's using javascript, it also doesn't surprise me if it's failing within the PageLines Framework unless it's specifically compatible. I'd take wbassman's suggestion or shop around for a suitable alternative on http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/. A quick review and I found this one that seems totally compatible with WordPress, though I have not tested it in PageLines Framework http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

timstringer
Thanks very much for your suggestions wbassman and rangelone??¦much appreciated. I ended up purchasing "styles with shortcodes". A quick test reveals that the buttons (and other shortcodes for things like photos, tables and maps) work under PageLines 2.0. Happy New Year!

Jenny
Thanks for the input! Hopefully your answer will help others in the future. If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

msaizan
just took a look at Styles with Shortcodes - looks great, thinking of springing for it myself - with that being said - I have been using Shortcodes Ultimate very successfully on Platform Pro and now on Pagelines 2.0. It's a top notch free plugin and it styles everything i create with it so beautifully. There is some overlap with styles with Shortcodes - and some additional short code options/features that SWS doesn't have - and the same is true in the reverse. SWS has awesome possibilities with imagery. Could use both plugins... but if it's a free plugin one is needing - Ultimate does a lot and does it beautifully and the code is really clean - never had any problems,or compatibility issues with the theme or other plugins. Support is great - good documentation too. There is even a compatibility option which ensures it plays nice with other short code plugins. That's my two cents, whatever it's worth! http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/

msaizan
hmmm..well i just bought Styles w Shortcodes - works in a sand box on the twenty-eleven theme. Can't get it to work properly in a number of instances on Pagelines 2.0. Have deactivated all plugins except that one. Have written plugin developers for support. dunno.

timstringer
@msaizan - Thanks for the "Shortcodes Ultimate" reference. I'll check it out. I've contacted support for "Styles with Shortcodes" and found that they were very prompt and thorough in their response. Overall I've found this plugin works well with Pagelines 2.0, though I did find one instance (Accordion) that didn't work as expected. I don't have an immediate need for this functionality, so I haven't investigated further. Perhaps there's a conflict with one of the other plugins you're using.

msaizan
@timstringer...deactivated every plugin BUT SWS...still having problems - I can't make the lightbox function - or the accordion - anything jquery no cigar. and not sure why the conflict bec. like i said, i am trying it out with all plugins deactivated - it seems like it's a theme issue but you're not having it and you're on the same theme. weird. I have talked to support but be warned - so far they are not very speedy on the responses. They wrote three days ago and asked for login info and i haven't heard from them since. If push comes to shove i can live with just using it for buttons. The SWS buttons are completely AWESOME.