Sign in to follow this  
urbanimatic

Removing Meta Info from Custom Post Type

Rob
Stelios, a live link helps much more, but I see your problem. I think this question should really be answered by the plugin developer as it's not really PageLines placing that meta data there. If you have [url="http://www.getfirebug.com"]Firebug for Firefox[/url], you should be able to see the CSS selectors for the meta bar and use a hide command to prevent them, however the developer may have an easier solution, such as commenting out the meta bar in one of their code pages.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

urbanimatic
Hi rangelone, But if i uncheck meta info from platform pro settings it also removes the ones in products as well as blog posts.

Simon
The post metabar has a filter 'pagelines_post_metabar' You can use this with $post->post_type and if it matches you posttype just return empty.

urbanimatic
Hi Simon, Can you explain how and where should i use it ? Thanks

Simon
Well an example would be in platformbase/functions.php [code]add_filter( 'pagelines_post_metabar', 'metabar_shop_remove' ); functions metabar_shop_remove( $metabar ) { global $post; if ( $post->post_type == 'POSTTYPE' ) { return; } return $metabar; }[/code] replace POSTTYPE with whatever the post type is, should return a blan metabar if it matches. I dont know what the posttype is, maybe you could ask the plugin author but this should get you going.

urbanimatic
Hi Simon, That's awesome thank you very much. That works fine if anyone need it in the future...just 2 small typos: 1) A space is needed between "add_filter" and "(" 2) And in the second line: "functions" needs to be "function" so the code is: [code] add_filter ( 'pagelines_post_metabar', 'metabar_shop_remove' ); function metabar_shop_remove( $metabar ) { global $post; if ( $post->post_type == 'POST TYPE NAME' ) { return; } return $metabar; } [/code] p.s. wp ecommerce custom post type name for products is wpsc-product if anyone needs it. Thanks on more time Stelios

Simon
Thx for the typo ;) pps. You dont actually need a space between function and the () ;)

urbanimatic
No problem. space between add_filter and ( ...not function

Simon
add_filter() is a wordpress function ;) add_filter( 'pagelines_post_metabar', 'metabar_shop_remove' ); add_filter ('pagelines_post_metabar', 'metabar_shop_remove'); even add_filter ('pagelines_post_metabar', 'metabar_shop_remove'); PHP does not care about spaces too much

urbanimatic
My mistake, sorry. Thanks for all the help.