Sign in to follow this  
yasharozov

Customizing the Nav Menu in framework 2.0

yasharozov

Hi, Ive seen this question before but It seems the CSS customizations offered have not had any effect on my own menu/system. I have managed to change the background color of the menu boxes like so: ul.sf-menu li a {background-color: skyblue;} I'd like to be able to change the menu link color itself and also it's different states (inactive, hover, focus and the like). here is the link to my website Another thing - Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensible list of the classes and what they are for in PageLines 2.0? Thanks for your help...

Rob
If you use [url="http://www.getfirebug.com"]Firebug for Firefox[/url], you can see the various selectors in the site. I also suggest looking at http://w3schools.com/cssref/sel_hover.asp and other parts of that site for menu control. Another good one that can give you some idea of menus and menu CSS (view page source to see) is [url="http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/"]cssplay.co.uk/menus/[/url]. Also, you should use the latter to find similar menus to what you're trying to achieve to identify the most applicable CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

yasharozov
Thanks rangelone, Problem is there are so many files in the css and firebug does not do a very good job of pinpointing exactly where these classes are. This is not a simple solution for a drag and drop framework which is where im coming from. Regarding generic css menus on other sites - that doesnt solove my problem of identifying classes within the pagelines framework and altering them.

catrina
There isn't a list of CSS classes available but if you want just a list for changing what you specified in the original post within this thread, I can list them here.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yasharozov
Hi Catrina, I would be grateful if you could list the classes I mentioned. Thanks so much.

Jenny
You should be able to just use what you already have an extended on it. Example: ul.sf-menu li a:hover (for hover color) ul.sf-menu li a:active (for active color)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.