Sign in to follow this  
jeffzanini

Different size footer columns?

jeffzanini

I want to use either 4 or 5 columns and have the first two smaller and the others slightly bigger? Any suggestions?

Rob
Can you tell us what product you're using and, provide us with a link to your site? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jeffzanini
Sorry I'm using framework 2.0 and my url www.trueplaces.net. Basically its column 5 that I want to stretch larger and shrink column 4.

jeffzanini
I want to make the width of column 4 smaller and column 5 larger

catrina
Ah, I thought you wanted to get rid of a column and make the 4 remaining columns a different size. :) Can you post a live link?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffzanini
Not sure what a live link is? My site is [url="http://www.trueplaces.net"]here[/url]. rangelone answered this in another [url="http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16166/is-it-possible-to-have-different-sized-columns-in-the-footer"]thread[/url], wasn't the way I wanted to go was hoping it could have been done in custom css.

Rob
Jeff, the footer columns are not designed with specific CSS selectors for each column as you'd find with boxes, soap boxes or several other sections. As a result, there's no CSS solution to widen one or narrow another. They're all evenly spaced and of equal width. The spacing is based on the total width of your site, divided by the number of columns set, with padding for each one. The reason I made the suggestion in the other topic was that it seemed the best possible solution. There are plugins, such as Boxer, which I've not tested in 2.0, that could effectively create columns inside a full width or universal sidebar. However, that's just about the same amount of work as creating the tables which I know both work and can achieve your ultimate goal. What exactly are you trying to put into the wider column and the narrow one?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur